MT4 vs. MT5 signals

Hello,

Can a MT4 account follow a MT5 signal? And the opposite?
I not sure if MT4/5 only stands for the original (signal) account or, also for that of followers, as condition.

Is there any documentation on this?

Thank you.

From the rules:

Rules of Using the Signals Service -  Subscription to Signals

Subscription to a Signal is only available for the relevant MetaTrader platform account:

• for the MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal account, you can only subscribe to Signals from the MetaTrader 4 section,
  • for the MetaTrader 5 Client Terminal account, you can only subscribe to Signals from the MetaTrader 5 section.
One trading account can be subscribed to one Signal only.
Rules for copy trading in MetaTrader 4 and 5 - the Trading Signals service
Rules for copy trading in MetaTrader 4 and 5 - the Trading Signals service
  • www.mql5.com
Terms of Service Trading Signals: Signal Providers, how to create a signal subscription signals.

Sergey Golubev #:

From the rules:

Subscription to a Signal is only available for the relevant MetaTrader platform account:

• for the MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal account, you can only subscribe to Signals from the MetaTrader 4 section,
  • for the MetaTrader 5 Client Terminal account, you can only subscribe to Signals from the MetaTrader 5 section.

Hi Sergey,

Great. Thanks for sharing!

Sergey Golubev #:

From the rules:

They make it not very clear in my opinion. See attached.

Files:
My_signals.png  28 kb

pb.lopez #:

They make it not very clear in my opinion. See attached.

I understand it as the technical limitation: MT4 signals for MT4, and MT5 signals for MT5 only.

How to Subscribe to MT4/MT5 Signal - the instructions
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/189731
  (MT4)
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/336422
  (MT5)
How to Subscribe to a MT4 Signal (new instructions, after 1065 version upgrade) - How to subscribe to a MΤ4 signal on MT4 platform
How to Subscribe to a MT4 Signal (new instructions, after 1065 version upgrade) - How to subscribe to a MΤ4 signal on MT4 platform
  • www.mql5.com
In the   deviation/slippage   field, select an option and click   ok   in the   options   window to close it. Go to the   search area   of your mt4 platform, on the upper right corner (where the magnifying glass is), type in the name of the signal you want to subscribe and click   enter
Reason: