EA scams - page 5

Sergey Golubev #:
complicating

I don’t really understand why you said I was complicating it.

Yes, I agree there is the rule and based on the rule we can judge scam.

However, we are saying that the existing rule is insufficient to exclude bad performance products including scams. Problem I think is not only scams but many bad performance products in the macketplace. We cannot judge if scam or not 100%, so it's not so important. (but there are many ones I think 99% scam even if not violate the rules)

This is a general story that has nothing to do with EA, but smart criminals exploit holes in the law to deceive people.

I believe that kind of thing is happening in this marketplace too. You can deny it?

The following story is fact.

In the community a seller manages, he provided new EAs as trial to community members. The members tryed it but many of them reported bad peformance and NOBODY repoted good.

The seller said...

to trial users "Stop saying bad. Something wrong in your side. They are completely right."

to prospects "They are excellet and cutting edge. It's good opptuinity to make money. 48h time sale. Hurry up!"

He put them to the marketplace and started promotion.

Based on the rule it might be not scam. But his action was same as scamer. Saying again, it's not so important to judge if scam or not accurately.

Summary of my opinion
1. Bad performance products including scams are not good to buyers. Distinguishing them is not so important.
2. Many products such as above are in the market.
3. There is no way to find good one by buyers.
4. The marketplace should improve the issue. (looks they don’t want that)

Indeed, there are many scammers in the market, but not all of them are like that. Sometimes past success doesn't guarantee future success. Everything is a risk.

Alex Jhonson #:

Indeed, there are many scammers in the market, but not all of them are like that. Sometimes past success doesn't guarantee future success. Everything is a risk.

But if there is no way of checking then there is no trust in the buying system and therefore no point in even thinking of using the marketplace.

Mitsuru #:
Summary of my opinion
1. Bad performance products including scams are not good to buyers. Distinguishing them is not so important.
2. Many products such as above are in the market.
3. There is no way to find good one by buyers.
4. The marketplace should improve the issue. (looks they don’t want that)

I do not agree with you.
Because if you say that some product is scam so you must prove it. And if you can not prove it so you are the scam and you are the criminal
(it is law of life).

-----------------

Products with bad performance are not scam. Because everybody can be a seller with any product.
If the buyers can not select the product for himself to buy, or if the buyer did mistake for buying some product
(buying the product from unknown person without checking this person about "who is who") so it is the personal problem of this buyer.

If the buyer bought bad product but he is turning his personal responsibilty to someone else so it is completely illegal.
Example, if you bought the bad product and you say - "I bought this bad product but I do not want to be responsible for my decision; you guy will be responsible for it" - it is illegale.

-----------------------------

If the seller breaks any part of the Rules of Using the Market Service so yes - it is scam.
If not so it is not scam.

Rules of Using the Market Service
  • www.mql5.com
General Provisions and Conditions of Use service Market

Sergey Golubev #:

I do not agree with you.
Because if you say that some product is scam so you must prove it. And if you can not prove it so you are the scam and you are the criminal
(it is law of life).

-----------------

Products with bad performance are not scam. Because everybody can be a seller with any product.
If the buyers can not select the product for himself to buy, or if the buyer did mistake for buying some product
(buying the product from unknown person without checking this person about "who is who") so it is the personal problem of this buyer.

If the buyer bought bad product but he is turning his personal responsibilty to someone else so it is completely illegal.
Example, if you bought the bad product and you say - "I bought this bad product but I do not want to be responsible for my decision; you guy will be responsible for it" - it is illegale.

-----------------------------

If the seller breaks any part of the Rules of Using the Market Service so yes - it is scam.
If not so it is not scam.

Thats not what he means .

He is saying the same thing as your second paragraph actually , that the bottom line (EAs making money or not) is what matters 

My joking explanation.

You may say: "Sergey Golubev, you are an idiot!"
But I have medical certificate that "Sergey Golubev is not an idiot".

And what? How you will live with it?

---------------------

The other joking explanation.

If I go to the shop near me and tell the people they they are scaming the buyers with food products so the people will ask for proof.
If I do not have proofs so they will call police and I will pay fine and they will force me to apologize

Lorentzos Roussos #:

Thats not what he means .

He is saying the same thing as your second paragraph actually , that the bottom line (EAs making money or not) is what matters 

I was reading the first post of this thread ... he is making his personal criteria for scam ...
But there is one criteria only: the product (and the seller) is within Rules of Using the Market Service or not.
If not so the possible buyer may write to the service desk, and the service desk will ask for proofs (technical proofs) that the seller (and/or his product) broke some rules.

I know it because I am buyer of the Market, and I was writing to the service desk as well.

• www.mql5.com
General Provisions and Conditions of Use service Market

There are some article about the following:

----------------------------

The articles are good ones ... but as to me so I have one main critaria:
do I know the seller in person (and/or do I know the seller by activity on this forum).

Because I am sorry: buying "black box" from unknown anyone is very risky for me.

----------------------------

But what he is talking is about his personal criteria about what is scam and what is not ...
But it does not matter in this case.
Because if the seller will say that his product/EA will be profitable for the next year so the Market admins will ban this seller
(because it is out of the rules to propose any future possible profit with the market products).

How to purchase a trading robot from the MetaTrader Market and to install it?
How to purchase a trading robot from the MetaTrader Market and to install it?
  • www.mql5.com
A product from the MetaTrader Market can be purchased on the MQL5.com website or straight from the MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5 trading platforms. Choose a desired product that suits your trading style, pay for it using your preferred payment method, and activate the product.

I agree that the Market should be more improved (more secured for possible buyers) related to the situation we are discussing here,
but it is related to the ideas and about how to improve (and what for ...).
Reason: