Suggested Improvement for MT4 -- tick data, tick charts, backtesting strategies that use tick data in MT4.....

Hi,

Just wondering if MetaQuotes plans to enhance MT4 by allowing traders to import third party tick data into MT4, collect live tick data using MT4, backtest strategies using tick data in MT4 and watch tick charts on MT4 using the main chart window (the same window that you have for 1 min charts). This would be good as TradeStation 8 trading platform, your main competitor, is very powerful when it comes to developing and backtesting strategies using tick data.

Thank you for your consideration.

Regards

RJF

FXT-file format is open. You can yourself provide tick data for testing.

FXT-file format is open. You can yourself provide tick data for testing.

Slawa, please explain. I have files with years worth of historical tick data (I don't mean 1m data, I mean actual intraday tick-by-tick, every tick, data) how can I use this data for testing? How can I get MT4 to see it?

Thanks.
Saul

csv2fxt.mq4 (script for converting csv ticks data to fxt-file) coming soon

csv2fxt.mq4 (script for converting csv ticks data to fxt-file) coming soon

Slawa, that is great news, music to my ears! Can you give us a guesstimate as to how soon is soon?

Hi Saul !
Where I can find that tick-by-tick data ? Can you tell me, please ?
Thank you !

Slawa, thanks!!

Justme -- check out disktrading.com

Slawa, thanks!!

Justme -- check out disktrading.com

Thank you, Saul !

Suggesting an important topic/issue is a really good thing to entertain to, it gives an additional knowledge/information to all of us who loves reading your forums. For some reason, it gives a sense of fulfillment when we're filled with an informative topic as like this.

And for all of you, who's an enthusiasts in their crafts/fields is. Here's a surprising and FREE knowledge about the FOREX world...

FOREX account to new level

Market Mover Edge

Reason: