Ellipse Scaling Flaw

Good day,

I wish to use the Ellipse drawing tool but have found that unlike the Rectangle and Triangle drawing tools, the Ellipse does not re-scale properly when the chart scale changes to either zoom-in or -out, also when the chart automatically rescales when the price reaches the top or bottom extremes of the chart window.

In other words, when I draw the Ellipse using say Fib 1.386 for example, it looks fine, then when the chart rescales, the length of the Ellipse stays perfectly in line with the scaling, but the width goes out of wack and thus looses contact with price points on the chart where it initially touched.

In Amibroker or Metastock or even Tradestation for example, the Ellipse correctly scales with the chart, unfortunately none of these platforms allows for Ellipse drawn at angles.

Is this something that is going to be addressed in the near future ? It really is a handy tool in the correct hands.

Regards,

FX Sniper

Hi,

Any response would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

FX_Sniper

You need to use scale fix One to One (in the chart properties).

In other cases time and price scales are mismatch, especially if ellipce is sloped

You need to use scale fix One to One (in the chart properties).

In other cases time and price scales are mismatch, especially if ellipce is sloped

Slawa,

Thank you very much for this tip, it works 100%, in fact I now got a bonus I was always looking for namely the abillity to move the chart around freely with the mouse.

Once more, thank you.

Kind regards,

FX Sniper
Reason: