Enable and disable autotrading from an interface outside mt4

Hello,

I would like to be able to set up a system either via a web interface or a Telegram bot to enable or disable autotrading on one of my mt4 accounts, without having to go to mt4.

How can I do this? Has anyone already set up something like this?

For the moment I'd just like to be able to enable or disable autotrading, but later I'd like to be able to modify the robot's configuration via an interface external to mt4.

Best regards,
Nino

DigitalNino:
Hello,

I would like to be able to set up a system either via a web interface or a Telegram bot to enable or disable autotrading on one of my mt4 accounts, without having to go to mt4.

How can I do this? Has anyone already set up something like this?

For the moment I'd just like to be able to enable or disable autotrading, but later I'd like to be able to modify the robot's configuration via an interface external to mt4.

Best regards,
Nino

You can connect a telegram bot and interact with EA properties from the bot , that is doable as telegram bots API offers interactive menus coding . You send it as a response to the user (buttons) and the user chooses the action , you then receive the response in the EA . (was possible on 2021 likely still is)

Now for the autotrade it needs a dll if i recall . 

You will also need a 24/5 mt4 terminal , VPS or your own pc .

If you are talking about one EA , one you have access to the code that is , then you don't even need the autotrade switch access . 

Also the telegram bot solution mentioned above requires having the source code of the EA as well otherwise all you can do is shut down charts that have EAs on them.

edit : its also possible to have a "multi sig" control of the EA , for instance , the EA does not stop unless both users agree to stop it or something . 

Your topic has been moved to the section: MQL4 and MetaTrader 4
Please consider which section is most appropriate — https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172166/page6#comment_49114893
Reason: