Not possible to paste [product name] .ex4 file into Mql4/Expert folder in MT4 on a macbook

Hi. I have bought the [product name] licence and I am unable to paste the .ex4 file in the experts folder In MT4. It just doesn't let me paste the file in it.  Any suggestions?

I have a Macbook Sonoma, don't know if it has anything to do with this.

Thanks

Product name redacted by moderator

Your topic has been moved to the section: MQL4 and MetaTrader 4
Please consider which section is most appropriate — https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172166/page6#comment_49114893

SangieF: I have bought the [product name] licence and I am unable to paste the .ex4 file in the experts folder In MT4. It just doesn't let me paste the file in it. Any suggestions? I have a Macbook Sonoma, don't know if it has anything to do with this.

You are not supposed to "paste" anything. You are supposed to download and activate the Market product from within MetaTrader, so that it automatically puts it into the "Market" folder under "Expert Advisors".

EDIT: Or is this perhaps not a Market product but an EA acquired via a 3rd party?

Fernando Carreiro #:
You are not supposed to "paste" anything. You are supposed to download and activate the Market product from within MetaTrader, so that it automatically into the "Market" folder under "Expert Advisors".

I haven't bought the licence on MT but on a website, so i downloaded it and I'm following the instructions to install, see screenshot below.

Fernando Carreiro #:

You are not supposed to "paste" anything. You are supposed to download and activate the Market product from within MetaTrader, so that it automatically puts it into the "Market" folder under "Expert Advisors".

EDIT: Or is this perhaps not a Market product but an EA acquired via a 3rd party?

yes acquired via a third party

SangieF #: I haven't bought the licence on MT but on a website, so i downloaded it and I'm following the instructions to install, see screenshot below.
Then please ask the seller for support. The forum can only be used for general purpose discussions. Discussing 3rd party products and services is not allowed on the forum.

Fernando Carreiro #:
Then please ask the seller for support. The forum can only be used for general purpose discussions. Discussing 3rd party products and services is not allowed on the forum.
ok 
Reason: