Dialog - page 2

Fernando Carreiro #:
In that case, I have already given you the answer ... Regarding your question, in simple terms, just monitor the Chart events, and when the "Send" button is clicked, read one field and update the other.

Your answer is not what I am looking for.  I did not message you and ask you directly, it is a general question open to all, not just one person.

Thomas Bradley Butler #:Your answer is not what I am looking for.  I did not message you and ask you directly, it is a general question open to all, not just one person.

Is it really that difficult to post your attempted code to help improve the quality of the answer?

Is it not in your own self-interest to get a useful answer to your query?

Hamlet: "... doth protest too much, methinks"

Fernando Carreiro #:

Is it really that difficult to post your attempted code to help improve the quality of the answer?

Is it not in your own self-interest to get a useful answer to your query?

Hamlet: "... doth protest too much, methinks"

It is not a question about a code yet. Someone could say, "Have you looked here to read this."

Thomas Bradley Butler #: It is not a question about a code yet. Someone could say, "Have you looked here to read this."

Oh, is that what you want? Ok, then ...

Articles

How to create a graphical panel of any complexity level

Vladimir Karputov, 2018.04.26 09:37

The article features a detailed explanation of how to create a panel on the basis of the CAppDialog class and how to add controls to the panel. It provides the description of the panel structure and a scheme, which shows the inheritance of objects. From this article, you will also learn how events are handled and how they are delivered to dependent controls. Additional examples show how to edit panel parameters, such as the size and the background color.

Articles

Change Expert Advisor Parameters From the User Panel "On the Fly"

Anatoli Kazharski, 2013.02.12 12:42

This article provides a small example demonstrating the implementation of an Expert Advisor whose parameters can be controlled from the user panel. When changing the parameters "on the fly", the Expert Advisor writes the values obtained from the info panel to a file to further read them from the file and display accordingly on the panel. This article may be relevant to those who trade manually or in semi-automatic mode.

etc.

Fernando Carreiro #:

etc.

Thanks, the point was it is not based only on your assumption of what other people may or may not do and your answer is final. A forum is a debate not one person's answer. the reality is it belongs where I set it, general.  You can't make up rules. 

Fernando Carreiro #:

etc.

I found the second one helpful, thanks. 

Thomas Bradley Butler #: Thanks, the point was it is not based only on your assumption of what other people may or may not do and your answer is final. A forum is a debate not one person's answer. the reality is it belongs where I set it, general.  You can't make up rules. 

Then next time, please show screenshots of MT5 and not MT4.

Thomas Bradley Butler #: I found the second one helpful, thanks. 

Also, this might be helpful for you in the future too ...

It is very easy: type something (what you need) in the search area (top right corner of the page) and search.

Fernando Carreiro #: Also, this might be helpful for you in the future too ...

It is very easy: type something (what you need) in the search area (top right corner of the page) and search.

Yes, I know. 

Still, it is not the point. it belongs in General as it is general for all not one person.  I will wait for a desk response.

Thanks

Fernando Carreiro #:

I'm not obligating you to do it. I'm just suggesting you show some code so that you can get more help on the issue.

As it is, it is just a image (on MT4), and most users will probably not put in the extra effort or dedicate their time to purposely write code for you (although it might happen).

However, if you show your attempt at it, it will be easier for someone to just point out the missing points.

Regarding your question, in simple terms, just monitor the Chart events, and when the "Send" button is clicked, read one field and update the other.

Alternatively, you can research some of the Articles or CodeBase examples about it too, for more information.

EDIT: Also, remember that as a you are a "seller" with multiple products, wanting someone to write code for you for free is not very ethical.

If however you show your efforts and ask for guidance, then that would be more ethical. But if not, then either dedicate some time to researching it or consider the Freelance section.

You are absolutely right. Myself dont answer questions related to MT4 so its necessary to be posted on MQL4 section.

Reason: