MT4 End Of Life - page 4

chukwudi joshua obiekwe #:
Maybe they are trying to keep freelance and their platform busy

I think that the freelance section does not bring them any significant income. Considering the salaries of the employees who handle freelancing arbitration, I would not be surprised if the freelancing section is unprofitable for MQ😄

Vladislav Boyko #:

I think that the freelance section does not bring them any significant income. Considering the salaries of the employees who handle freelancing arbitration, I would not be surprised if the freelancing section is unprofitable for MQ😄

They don't really handle arbitration as far as I know.

chukwudi joshua obiekwe #:
Metaqote want to keep you busy solving problems they created which they know the answers..

The Truth remains mt4 is their stable version and they should adopt with it and change whatever colors they want to 3D facet as they like and no platform can match or competite with mt4 as long as automation is concern..

Mt4 has everything you need and professionally as standard code, but on Mt5 they hide a lot of functions in the name of update,simply to keep people busy for nothing..

Before they say mt5 is faster than mt4 ,but I used mt5 and drop it few weeks after because everything there is just costume with bug all around,taking their company many steps backwards.. and mt5 has no serious function line like mt4 and no difference in speed ,cause mt4 is almost bug free and a stable version..

Agree with this. Whenever I test out MT5 I notice a significant performance decrease. Everything from changing timeframes / symbols seems to lag. Even closing the terminal takes 2-3x longer than MT4 with just a couple of indicators loaded. I don't get where the "MT5 is better as it's newer" comes from.

With MT4 I can run 10-20 indicators on every single chart with minimal performance issues.

With MT5 I notice the lag after attaching a couple of basic indicators like a symbol switcher or trade management EA.

Whenever I've made an attempt to migrate to MT5 I am instantly presented with functionality and performance issues... It's a massive headache to even start.

Marcin Madrzak #:

And unfortunately, in those 14 years, Metaqoutes hasn't been able to implement what seems so obvious - full backwards compatibility with MQL4 and ex4. This would solve so many problems, not only for users and coders, but also for them. Look, if they took the effort they put into keeping 2 platforms co-existing for such a long time and put it into a smooth transition from one platform to the other, MT4 would have been out of the market 10 years ago.

I assume they have thought of this (full backwards compatibility) but decided against it, to get imho a leaner and faster terminal for VPS, Cloud, back testes, optimization,... with more advanced options (AI, ONNX, matrices, vectors, ...).

Its a decision for the future not for the past.

narco #:

Agree with this. Whenever I test out MT5 I notice a significant performance decrease. Everything from changing timeframes / symbols seems to lag. Even closing the terminal takes 2-3x longer than MT4 with just a couple of indicators loaded. I don't get where the "MT5 is better as it's newer" comes from.

With MT4 I can run 10-20 indicators on every single chart with minimal performance issues.

With MT5 I notice the lag after attaching a couple of basic indicators like a symbol switcher or trade management EA.

Whenever I've made an attempt to migrate to MT5 I am instantly presented with functionality and performance issues... It's a massive headache to even start.

I would say that MT5 is better than MT4 because I always find more limitations in what is possible to do in MT4 (for instance, OnCalculate with price and IndicatorCreate are things that I can't even get close using MT4), all of this without involving DLLS though. It's true that it can be more complex in the beginning to develop in MT5.

However, I have to agree that there is just something in MT5 about deinitializing programs (especially indicators) that is too slow, and I don't actually know how to solve it (I have to rely on tricks to make it seem fast, but they still get removed like 5 seconds after, and can happen only with 1 indicator). And I hope that gets adressed more seriously.

Alain Verleyen #:
They don't really handle arbitration as far as I know.

You better know, these were just my guesses

Manuel Alejandro Cercos Perez #:
there is just something in MT5 about deinitializing programs (especially indicators) that is too slow

This may be due to the fact that a new copy of the indicator (when changing the timeframe) is created without waiting for the old one to be deinitialized. Perhaps the deletion of the old copy of the indicator when changing the time frame was slowed down so that a new copy would be created faster (these are my guesses, I don’t have exact information).

"Perhaps the deletion of the old copy of the indicator when changing the time frame was slowed down" - I meant that deinitialization might have a lower priority than initializing a new copy

another weird part is "copilot" that auto writes code on mt5 ide metaeditor

the guy writes code in mt4 and mt5 compile it with error on same mt5 its built in...lol

showing mt5 is just a costume platform design to slow down initialization of some programs functions, that mt4 is a standard code

MT5 is far superior in all aspects. In terms of performance the difference is just huge in favor of MT5. In terms of features it's the same, huge in favor of MT5. It can be proven easily, this website itself if full of evidence about it.

Technically MT4 being a 32 bits application, using old technologies is completely outdated.

It's true it's harder to master MQL5 for coders, it's not done for amateurs like MQL4 was. You need higher skills to be able to use it efficiently, the learning curve is higher and longer.

The only reason MT4 is still existing is the brokers greed, they found the grail to benefit from retail traders and they are reluctant to invest a penny of their profit in new technologies.

Alain Verleyen #:

The only reason MT4 is still existing is the brokers greed, they found the grail to benefit from retail traders and there are reluctant to invest a penny of their profit in new technologies.

This is simply not true. Brokers pay less for MT5 licenses. It's is in their own benefit to push MT5 on their clients and get rid of MT4.

They wont do it as they will lose clients to other brokers. Clients demand MT4 and do not want a less functional platform - MT5 has 95% less indicators, scripts and EA's.

The issue is Metaquotes kicked the can down the road for so many years. Switching off MT4 without proper notice is going to cause major unnecessary chaos.

narco #:

This is simply not true. Brokers pay less for MT5 licenses. It's is in their own benefit to push MT5 on their clients and get rid of MT4.

They wont do it as they will lose clients to other brokers. Clients demand MT4 and do not want a less functional platform - MT5 has 95% less indicators, scripts and EA's.

The issue is Metaquotes kicked the can down the road for so many years. Switching off MT4 without proper notice is going to cause major unnecessary chaos.

I will let you live in your dreams. You obviously don't know what you are talking about.
Reason: