mt4 on mt5

hi, im curious to know if mql4 code can be copy and compile in mql5 editor. is it the same with no error?

springyard:
hi, im curious to know if mql4 code can be copy and compile in mql5 editor. is it the same with no error?

Some can, most can't, many mql4 functions do not exist in mql5.

RaptorUK:

Some can, most can't, many mql4 functions do not exist in mql5.

ok thanks :)

springyard:
There are little chance but it's not impossible, as a small subset of mql4 function are still valid in mql5. Anyway as a rule, it's necessary to make some code conversion.

Chances change.

Upcoming MetaTrader 4 and MQL4 Upgrades - Big Changes Are Underway - MQL4 forum
MetaQuotes 2013.07.24 16:43 unified compiler that automatically supports both MQL4 and MQL5 languages.

angevoyageur:
There are little chance but it's not impossible, as a small subset of mql4 function are still valid in mql5. Anyway as a rule, it's necessary to make some code conversion.

ok, is it a big change or small change? for example what difference between the code OrderSend() in mt4 and mt5. can you give me an example please

springyard: can you give me an example please
Did you bother to read the link? What part of late August was unclear? How do you expect us to know?

WHRoeder:
Did you bother to read the link? What part of late August was unclear? How do you expect us to know?

There is no need to be harsh with people who asked a question.

springyard:

ok, is it a big change or small change? for example what difference between the code OrderSend() in mt4 and mt5. can you give me an example please
OrderSend is mql5 is very different from the mql4 version, we have to wait to see how the changes described will be implemented concretely.

springyard:

Huge changes, DYOR, look here: Migrating from MQL4 to MQL5

angevoyageur:
OrderSend is mql5 is very different from the mql4 version, we have to wait to see how the changes described will be implemented concretely.

thank u very much sir for the reply, very appreciate :)
Reason: