Why can't I close partials?

I have only used *** free trial and MT4 and MT5. The first free trial I did was no problem closing partials. But all free trials after that are impossible to close partials. Is there a setting I forgot to do?

When I have an open position and click "modify order" there is no "modify volume" setting in the window. It is the same problem in both MT4 and MT5.

Forgot to mention that I only use desktop.

3rd party references redacted by moderator

After selecting "Modify or Delete" option, change the "Type" from "Modify Position" to "Market Execution" (or other possible execution method).

You will then be able to set the partial "Volume" and click on the "Close ..." button.

I will try it but I doubt it will work. The first time I used the free trial it was there automatically.

Patrik #: I will try it but I doubt it will work. The first time I used the free trial it was there automatically.
It works! The only time it would not be available is if the broker or prop-firm disabled partial close, which I doubt is the case here.

Also, I believe that the procedure changed in recent builds (don't know which one), as the current MetaTrader 5 documentation, still indicates the older method.

The method above is for MT5, not MT4.

Okay. Hopefully there will be a good trade opportunity in the US open so I can try it out.

I've verified MT4 build 1380 and the procedure is equivalent to the MT5 procedure I described above.

A quicker method for both MT5 and MT4 is to simply double-click the trade "Type" field or the "Volume" field and it will go directly to the "Execution" method which allows you to set the volume for a partial close.

If you double-click the "S/L" or "T/P" fields it will open the "Modify" type.

This makes it quick and much simpler. So just double-click the respective field of a trade in the "Trade" tab and it will open the respective dialogue box for the operation.

Today I took a trade and clicked to the left (where the arrow) is but nothing happened.

Files:
yrw5q5s.png  36 kb

Patrik #: Today I took a trade and clicked to the left (where the arrow) is but nothing happened.

Please don't use external links. Attach the image directly to your post using the "+ Attach file" button in the bottom left of your posting form.

Later on, when you gain more rating, you will be able to insert the image directly in your text by using the image button instead, but for now use the attachment method.

I have edited your post accordingly.

Patrik #: Today I took a trade and clicked to the left (where the arrow) is but nothing happened.

I did not say anything about clicking on the trade line in the chart.

I explained various methods about clicking on the respective trade on the "Trade" tab section.

On the Chart however, you can right-click on the the trade line and then chose the "Modify ..." from the context window, and then follow the same procedure to then change the "Type" field as I described in .

Reason: