EA Hangs during News

Hi all,

Why EA terminal hangs during some news time. Due to this my trades are not managed correctly even if I set my SL and TP.

thulasiraman75:
Hi all,

Why EA terminal hangs during some news time. Due to this my trades are not managed correctly even if I set my SL and TP.
There will be many more ticks to process during news.  So it could be anything:

Network
PC resources 
Bad Code
Overload broker servers
Etc

You’ll need to do your own investigation 

thulasiraman75:
Hi all,

Is this about your own EA to which you have the source code?

If so, you will need to either share the relevant code, or integrate some diagnostics code into it.

If not, then please contact the author of the EA and ask about support for your product.

Your topic has been moved to the section: Expert Advisors and Automated Trading — Please consider which section is most appropriate — https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172166/page6#comment_49114893

There can be several reasons why an EA terminal may hang during news time, resulting in your trades not being managed correctly, even if you have set your stop loss (SL) and take profit (TP) levels. Here are a few possible explanations:

1. Network congestion: During news releases, there is typically a surge in trading activity, leading to increased network congestion. This can cause delays in the transmission of data between your EA terminal and the broker's server, resulting in the terminal appearing unresponsive.

2. Platform overload: News events often generate a high number of orders and market updates within a short period. If the EA terminal or trading platform is not designed to handle such high volumes effectively, it can lead to a slowdown or freeze in the application's performance.

3. Broker server issues: Some brokers may experience issues with their servers during news events due to high loads. This can result in delays or failures in order execution and updates reaching your EA terminal.

4. Inadequate computer hardware
Reason: