A few general EA questions

Do you use a VPS or keep the EA on the client side, My EA is not really time sensitive. It could take a trade up to 5 minutes past the signal and still be fine. I'm not really a conspiracy theoriest but I am not 100% comfortable running my EA from a VPS. That being said, my client side mt4 seems to lose it connection a few times during the week. Not sure why as I have fiber directlly running into my house. My brokers standard platform never seems to have any issues with disconnecting

What do you do on a weeked. My EA only trades Sun -> Thrus. Do you shut it down, put it to sleep or just return() until trading starts again. I was reading another thread on issues with restarting an EA, Is there a way to shut it down using the EA, Can you just call deinit()?

1. You may not have issues but a lightning strike could take out your ISP for days, a power failure could take your EA out for days, a disk failure, etc. What happens to you account balance during live trading? A good VPS is multiple redundant, network, power, servers... $30/mo is a small amount. The risk is yours.
  2. The EA should be returning from start on every tick. No ticks on the weekend, EA just sits idle. Why do you need to do anything? you can call deinit() but that will only do what is written there, nothing more.

WHRoeder:
  1. You may not have issues but a lightning strike could take out your ISP for days, a power failure could take your EA out for days, a disk failure, etc. What happens to you account balance during live trading? A good VPS is multiple redundant, network, power, servers... $30/mo is a small amount. The risk is yours.
  2. The EA should be returning from start on every tick. No ticks on the weekend, EA just sits idle. Why do you need to do anything? you can call deinit() but that will only do what is written there, nothing more.

Thanks for the info, I just checked on the cost for my VPS it would be free with a small transfer from my main account. I agree VPS is the best way to go.
Reason: