I noticed that the strategy tester is doing some caching and will ignore new logic after making changes in a script

I could make a change in the code (lets say I alter the EA so that it will have a fixed SL of 25 points), then I recompile the script in the MetaEditor, and run it again in the strategy tester. It does not act on the changes I made in the code unless I compile the script under a new filename. Why is this? I tried deleting the contents of the testing folder, but this didn't remove this caching/history saving. Any ideas?

My only solution right now is to save the script with a new version number in the filename and compile that one.

If you are referring to input parameters, then yes, it is cached as documented (it is wise to read the documentation).

So, in the "Inputs" Section, right-click and choose "Defaults" to set the values to the new default values set in the compiled program, if you have changed them.

You can also save an reload different set of parameter values for various testing conditions.

Fernando Carreiro #:

If you are referring to input parameters, then yes, it is cached as documented (it is wise to read the documentation).

So, in the "Inputs" Section, right-click and choose "Defaults" to set the values to the new default values set in the compiled program, if you have changed them.

You can also save an reload different set of parameter values for various testing conditions.

Oh great, that fixes it. I was thinking I might have had to make input parameters for all things but I don't need to. I'll be taking time to look into the documentation, thanks.

Reason: