is there a breakeven strategy?

Since there are restrictions on talking about brokers, I can't share much, but I am looking for something that breaks even. Basically I earn by volumes of trades placed.

For every standard lot, I earn $6 for FX pairs / $7 for metals. Indices and others are lower so it'll not be worth my time.

I have tried placing opposite trades, but I am losing due to spread. I am finding a way to overcome this.

Dilnut:

Since there are restrictions on talking about brokers, I can't share much, but I am looking for something that breaks even. Basically I earn by volumes of trades placed.

For every standard lot, I earn $6 for FX pairs / $7 for metals. Indices and others are lower so it'll not be worth my time.

I have tried placing opposite trades, but I am losing due to spread. I am finding a way to overcome this.

In general, if a system is not profitable due to spreads, commissions, etc., it means that the system is not "good" in the sense that it is impossible (at least at retail level) to fight against these factors.

The system (at least in my opinion) should be discarded, because as I said, these are factors that will always be there "bothering".

When you find a broker with zero or very, very low spreads the problem will be the commission, and vice versa.

Do yourself a favour and discard any "high frequency" system based on a zero or near zero spread because that simply as I explained above will not solve your problem. After that it will be others...commissions, swaps, latencies, etc...

Moreover, claiming to be a trader on the basis that profits are not from trading, but from rebates, is at least "strange".

The rebates are a complement to trading, and not the other way around.

Dilnut:

[text redacted by moderator]

If you're struggling to develop a profitable strategy on your own, consider seeking advice from other professional traders or financial advisors. They might be able to provide insights and guidance based on their experience. The retail level is full of Gurus while 90%+ of them lose money every day, and all of them know that 90%+ lose money but still seek assistance from one another. 

I somewhat agree with Miguel up here, it's good advice. I can also Add that learning how the market operates on a professional level will help you a lot, it's the only way to succeed. A developer building an Ea for you, Automating your strategy will also not cause to roll in profits, because The EA trades exactly like you would, and if your strategies are not effective, the market will swallow your cash and the Ea will be rendered useless as it's bleeding out your account.

⚠️ Please be advised that attempts at direct or indirect self-promotion, or advertising are not allowed on the forum.

Dilnut:

Usually, break-even in trading works when you move from your first stop position into your original entry position once the price has moved in your favor. If the price goes to the 1.32 level. You set a stop loss at 1.3120 (break-even level). If the price falls to 1.3120, you will have zero profit and loss and break even. Placing opposite trades is not enough it needs another support on the other side which market is unpredictable and to do this you need another function to work for it such as, limit and pending orders and i believed martiangle strategy has a big rule on this breakeven strategy at any market circumstances. Hope this will help.

I agree with you that break-even in trading usually works when you move from your first stop position into your original entry position once the price moves in your favor. However, as you rightly pointed out, simply placing opposite trades is not enough, as the market is unpredictable and you need another function to work for it, such as limit and pending orders. I also believe that the Martingale strategy can be useful in some cases, but it should be used with caution, as it can lead to large losses if the market moves against you.

Mira Bayt #:
I agree with you that break-even in trading usually works when you move from your first stop position into your original entry position once the price moves in your favor. However, as you rightly pointed out, simply placing opposite trades is not enough, as the market is unpredictable and you need another function to work for it, such as limit and pending orders. I also believe that the Martingale strategy can be useful in some cases, but it should be used with caution, as it can lead to large losses if the market moves against you.

Its a matter of sizes, distances and multiplier on each opposite side much like a pendulum on equilibrium movement, even if market moves against your trades, the  more aggressive and volatile the more profit it will gain. I hope this share will not violate the forum rules.

Dilnut:

You want to earn only by entereing and exting trades at breakeven, correct? Because that way you earn $6 or $7 everytime you do that.

That seems a little strange. Brokers either earn money by charging a comission, that means you pay $6 or $7 for each standard lot, or you place trades "for free", but the broker earns by using bigger spreads. If they are paying you every time you trade, the spreads will be even bigger, because they have to make money somehow.

But for your strategy to work you will want to use limit orders. You have to place a limit buy order on X price level and then a limit sell order above it to compensate the spread - this is true for a netting account. If you are using a hedging account and set a take profit to close the trade, you will also have to compensate the slippage value.

As you can see, either way you have to make some profit to close trades at breakeven.

Mira Bayt #: believe that the Martingale strategy can be useful in some cases

Martingale is not a strategy. It's a betting system.

Hedging, grid trading, same as Martingale.
          Martingale, Hedging and Grid : MHG - General - MQL5 programming forum (2016)

Martingale, guaranteed to blow your account eventually. If your strategy is not profitable without, it is definitely not profitable with.
          Martingale vs. Non Martingale (Simplified RoR vs Profit and the Illusions) - MQL5 programming forum (2015)

Why it won't work:
          Calculate Loss from Lot Pips - MQL5 programming forum (2017)
          THIS Trading Strategy is a LIE... I took 100,000 TRADES with the Martingale Strategy - YouTube (2020)

William Roeder #:

Martingale is not a strategy. It's a betting system.

Hedging, grid trading, same as Martingale.
          Martingale, Hedging and Grid : MHG - General - MQL5 programming forum (2016)

Martingale, guaranteed to blow your account eventually. If your strategy is not profitable without, it is definitely not profitable with.
          Martingale vs. Non Martingale (Simplified RoR vs Profit and the Illusions) - MQL5 programming forum (2015)

Why it won't work:
          Calculate Loss from Lot Pips - MQL5 programming forum (2017)
          THIS Trading Strategy is a LIE... I took 100,000 TRADES with the Martingale Strategy - YouTube (2020)

I very much like your reply William. :)

That's the harsh reality with martingale 

Dilnut:

That's the wrong way to trade and even swaps will be against you, so I prefer that you open one trade at a time, after profit then drag your stop loss to protect profits, and that's how Pro-Robots are programmed to do.
Reason: