Expert as indicator.

Hello,

as we know we can put only one EA on a chart. On the other hand, we can put multiply indicators on one chart. Is it possible simply move an EA to indicators directory to do the trick? I think it is enough, but maybe I'm missing something.

Regards,

Michal

No, you can do that, Because the Expert Advisor will not work as indicator.
Because:
1- The EA has no buffers (lines) to draw
2- The EA has no window to draw in (Main window or separate windows)

I just wish and hope and want from MetaTrader to have the ability to draw buffers from the EA, that's will enable the coders to better visualize the strategy they are applying by drawing the lines on the chart.

No, you can do that, Because the Expert Advisor will not work as indicator.
Because:
1- The EA has no buffers (lines) to draw
2- The EA has no window to draw in (Main window or separate windows)

I just wish and hope and want from MetaTrader to have the ability to draw buffers from the EA, that's will enable the coders to better visualize the strategy they are applying by drawing the lines on the chart.

But I don't want to draw enything! I have a lot of indicators which do draw nothing except setting globals or log to files. I just know, that I can put more than one indicator on a chart. Question is, if I move an EA to the indicators folder, will I be able to put more EAs on a chart. The point is, is it poissible without modifications of the MT4 code and will the trading fuctions work as usual? So far I can see it is possible, however I want to check before I will advise it to my customers.

I am afraid so far, the only way to get around is re-write your EA code, ie: convert it into a customer indicator. Get rid of all the trading function, just use a single indicator, eg: 1 for buy, -1 for sell, -2 for exit, etc.
Reason: