Renewed Build 188?

Found "Выложен обновленный билд 188"

Since I am not good in russian, here's the output of a translator:

"It is laid out updated билд 188 with corrections of mistakes, выясленными for last week.
To update the terminal it is possible скачав the distribution kit under the reference: http: // files.metatrader4.com/mt4setup.exe

Thanks all for discussions, persistence and the help in search of mistakes!"

Looks like there is a new version of build 188. Is that right?
Why is this not announced in this english forum as well?

They take a while to get around to dealing with us.
The majority of their time is spent on the Russian forum.
We complain a lot.

I can confirm that there is indeed a "new" Build 188 dated 19 Jan.
You must download and install yourself, there is no autoupdate.

"MetaTrader 4 trading terminal"

Can anybody that just upgraded to this version, please take a quick look and see if the functing SpeechText, is put in again? That will be much appreciated!! We have found some speech dll's on the net to make up for the missing SpeechText function, but so far we have been unable to #import those in our source because of MT4 crashes when we do. Probarbly because of the dll's we have found are using Pascal calling convention. I suspect that the DLL's which we import in MT4's source, must use C calling convention.

Geir,

I have the 19th Jan build of v188 installed. A quick EA compilation proves that the SpeechText function is still missing unfortunately.

Cheers
Martin

P.S Metaquotes really need a much better naming convention for multiple version releases. Why don't they simply increment the build number ? Weird and confusing.

This is called a "silent" release. Indeed IBFX has released the silent upgrade too dated Jan 19, 2006. Get it at: http://www.interbankfx.com/info/ibsetup4.exe..this is an older version, but when you restart it after the installation it will upgrade itself to v 188 Jan 19th release. This is the only way that I found to upgrade to Jan 19 v. 188

Geir,

I have the 19th Jan build of v188 installed. A quick EA compilation proves that the SpeechText function is still missing unfortunately.

Cheers
Martin

P.S Metaquotes really need a much better naming convention for multiple version releases. Why don't they simply increment the build number ? Weird and confusing.

To Martin: Many thanks for your help :-)

To Slawa:
May be you know that I have asked you to put in againg the SpeechText function in the language. I have not received answer on this. I really hope your will consider putting the function in again and it will be very much appreciated. However, if you will not; I can send you two speech dll's I have. There are some documentation for other programming langues included with these DLL's too. May be you could work out how to get them to work in the #import. The problem is that I had a speech system that worked superb. It was formatted in such a way, that it spoked quite intelligent on what the EA did - from the entry, stop-loss handling and profit taking and even errors. All this "intelligent" speech formatting was done in a "natural language" formatting function. Now it is gone, but my users keep asking for this, so I will higly appreciate a solution - one way or the other. It was'nt just dumb speech. If it was I could easily replaced it with some wav files, but I can't, because the speech formatting is too complicated and can not be done with a few wav files.
Slawa, please help us out now. It will be highly appreciated.

Geir Laastad
www.gl-software.no

I am using the code below for SpeechText function replacement currently, you will also need a C++ compiler like VC++ and SAPI SDK 5.x from Microsoft to compile it.

(simple code but at least works for me, both for english or native voice, it isn't good to initialize/uninitialize COM in DllMain, let me know if you have a better way to do this)

#include <windows.h>
#include <sapi.h>

#pragma comment(lib, "ole32.lib")
#pragma comment(lib, "sapi.lib")

ISpVoice * gpVoice = NULL;

BOOL WINAPI DllMain(HINSTANCE hinstDLL, DWORD fdwReason, LPVOID lpvReserved)
{
        switch (fdwReason) {
                case DLL_PROCESS_ATTACH:
                        if (FAILED(CoInitialize(NULL))) {
                                return FALSE;
                        }
                        if (FAILED(CoCreateInstance(CLSID_SpVoice, NULL, CLSCTX_ALL, IID_ISpVoice, (void **)&gpVoice))) {
                                return FALSE;
                        }
                        if (!gpVoice) return FALSE;
                        break;
                case DLL_PROCESS_DETACH:
                        /*
                        if (gpVoice) gpVoice->Release();
                        */
                        gpVoice = NULL;
                        CoUninitialize();
                        break;
                default:
                        break;
        }
        return TRUE;
}

BOOL WINAPI MT_SpeechText(char const * text, BOOL async)
{
        WCHAR * msg;
        BOOL ret;
        int len;
        DWORD dwFlags;

len = strlen(text) + 1;
        msg = new WCHAR[len];
        MultiByteToWideChar(CP_ACP, 0, text, len, msg, len);
        if (async) {
                dwFlags = SPF_ASYNC;
        } else {
                dwFlags = SPF_DEFAULT;
        }
        if (FAILED(gpVoice->Speak(msg, dwFlags, NULL))) {
                ret = FALSE;
        } else {
                ret = TRUE;
        }
        delete msg;
        return ret;
}

DEF file required to export the function as raw plain name

LIBRARY SpeechText

EXPORTS
	MT_SpeechText

Sample MQ4 code to use the SpeechText.dll

#import "SpeechText.dll"
int MT_SpeechText(string text, int async);
#import

MT_SpeechText("Hello world", 1);

Good luck :)

Wfy05!!!
This is great, Thank you very much!!!. Untfortunately I work mostly with Clarion and Delphi just now, so I do not have a C++ Compiler or Visual Studio at hand. Could you please be so kind to send the dll and the library you are using? Please send to to la6lu@online.no If so, you deserve 5 stars in heaven :-) If not, you still deserve 5 stars, beacause this code make it possible one way or the other. I now sees a solution for my problems.

Once againg, a big thank you!!

Geir

Mail sent, have a try :)
Reason: