What is a reasonable response time from developers?

I’m in the process of ordering an EA (for the first time) and I moved a developer from ‘candidate’s to ‘selected’ a couple of days ago. I messaged him then with draft details for the requirements (written in the chat) and a couple of minor questions to confirm that everything was correct and have had no response in two days. I’m now thinking of moving on to another developer, but are slow responses normal from developers?

In most other businesses, in my experience, if you have a customer ready to make a purchase, you definitely reply within 24 hours. Are these developers different- should I wait longer?

It's summer time and vacation time, maybe that's why. There can also be exceptional situation, like illness or accident, no way to know about that.

Otherwise, for sure, if you are available, as freelancer you should answer within 24 (working) hours.

If you think it's a good one, I would suggest to be patient, 2 days is not that much.

Alain Verleyen #:

It's summer time and vacation time, maybe that's why. There can also be exceptional situation, like illness or accident, no way to know about that.

Otherwise, for sure, if you are available, as freelancer you should answer within 24 (working) hours.

If you think it's a good one, I would suggest to be patient, 2 days is not that much.

Ok, thanks for the response. Much appreciated. 
Reason: