skipped my s/l point resulting in loss

Why would a set s/l not stop at the set price when it is at the right amount? Has anyone ever experienced this and lost more money then you should have? How do you get this fixed?

price      s/l            t/p               price               profit

291.99     291.00    291.37           279.79          -4888

I am in a demo account so this is not a big deal but I am pretty sure the system skipped my stop loss point and allowed it tp go way too far down and resulted in a substantial loss. I would hope this doesnt happen in real accounts and if it does what can you do about it? Or am I missing something

This is called slippage, there are no way to avoid it.

The SL and TP are nothing else than pending trades and they get executed on the first valid price. In moments of high volatility there will surely be slippage from the price of the SL/TP and the executed price.

Is one of first thing that a trader should learn, deal with it!

newtraderz:

Why would a set s/l not stop at the set price when it is at the right amount? Has anyone ever experienced this and lost more money then you should have? How do you get this fixed?

price      s/l            t/p               price               profit

291.99     291.00    291.37           279.79          -4888

I am in a demo account so this is not a big deal but I am pretty sure the system skipped my stop loss point and allowed it tp go way too far down and resulted in a substantial loss. I would hope this doesnt happen in real accounts and if it does what can you do about it? Or am I missing something

Learn the rules of the market! A buy opens at ask and is closed at bid, a sell is vice versa. Print bid & ask at open and close.

DON'T double post!!

I'm not sure what market you're trading or at what time of the day your S/L was hit. If you could provide that information we could maybe look into it, but without that information my best guess would be massive slippage because of news, or because of poor trading conditions at night, or something along those lines.
Reason: