Is MT4 still in BETA??

It seems there are hardly any dealers that are fully live on MT4. Some have it, but are only recommending demo accounts because of all of the bugs (their words, not mine). The EAs that I've tried all get errors making simple calls (global variables, OrderSend, etc..)

It seems this whole platform is not ready for mission-critical trading yet. Is there an offical "launch" date when we can count on the platform to be "reasonably" rock-solid and dealers start rolling it out? It has many great features I'd like to use, but so far I'm a little skeptical about trading real money with it or using even the most basic EA functions.

Thanks

hahaha..Metaquotes, if this doesn't sum it up I don't know what will. We've been saying this for the longest. I don't know why it is taking so long to fix all the problems. I sometimes wonder how many people even work at MQ. Is it two people in a garage?

You like to get nasty on these forums when we point out problems and then you don't even say that you will look into it. You just don't say anything at all. You got the makings of a great product, what's the matter? Where's the follow through?? Huh?

hahaha..Metaquotes, if this doesn't sum it up I don't know what will. We've been saying this for the longest. I don't know why it is taking so long to fix all the problems. I sometimes wonder how many people even work at MQ. Is it two people in a garage?

You like to get nasty on these forums when we point out problems and then you don't even say that you will look into it. You just don't say anything at all. You got the makings of a great product, what's the matter? Where's the follow through?? Huh?

There is no competition!
No supply and demand equation in play here.

I wonder can anyone at all go visit their offices (and post pics) and see what this company is really like.

The Answer is YES
Or at least it should be

This is just my opinion and I am sure you can find someone who will think that I am wrong.

I think Metatrder is Still BETA or it is Released but really bad design flaws or I am a total idiot

For those that use it without any problems good for you :)
For me I need to find a product that will do the job at hand even if i have to pay for it

Thanks
EK

Scott Alexander 05.12.05 23:24
It seems there are hardly any dealers that are fully live on MT4. Some have it, but are only recommending demo accounts because of all of the bugs (their words, not mine).

Instead "it seems" and "some" words please post your exact and more informative message.

The EAs that I've tried all get errors making simple calls (global variables, OrderSend, etc..)

Just try to post your MQL4 source code.

Is there an offical "launch" date when we can count on the platform to be "reasonably" rock-solid and dealers start rolling it out?

Already.

or using even the most basic EA functions.

Learn MQL4 at "MQL4: automated forex trading"

Hi,

It's a shame to hear all this critisism of the platform, as I've been running some fairly complex experts on about 12 charts continuously now for several months without any real problems. The problems I have had I've posted on this forum and they've been addressed.

Sorry to suggest this guys but maybe your programming skills need some improvement?
Reason: