Can MT5 strategy tester get benefit from dual xeon processor?

I wanna build a PC for local back testing. I wonder if MT5 can use all cores of dual xeon. Anyone try this before? How many ram we need also?

There is key discussion thread: All (not yet) about Strategy Tester, Optimization and Cloud
so go to the first post of the thread  for get some information.
All (not yet) about Strategy Tester, Optimization and Cloud - Multi-currency strategy tester - How to test and optimize trading strategies on multiple currencies
All (not yet) about Strategy Tester, Optimization and Cloud - Multi-currency strategy tester - How to test and optimize trading strategies on multiple currencies
  • www.mql5.com
The general information about multi-currency strategy tester : "the strategy tester is a multi-currency tool, which allows you to test and optimize strategies trading multiple financial instruments. New testing trading strategies on real ticks  and the explanation is on this post

Swing Trading:
I wanna build a PC for local back testing. I wonder if MT5 can use all cores of dual xeon. Anyone try this before? How many ram we need also?
Yes, it is possible to utilize all cores for local farms. The amount of RAM depends on your algorithm.

Check on your current machine how much RAM it takes to run your Algo. Also, the length of your run, from where in the past you start and the type of optimization is important for your requirements.

One year of tick data will need more RAM than 2 years of OHLC data.

Also the way your Algo is coded will impact your requirements.

Dominik Christian Egert #:
Yes, it is possible to utilize all cores for local farms. The amount of RAM depends on your algorithm.

Check on your current machine how much RAM it takes to run your Algo. Also, the length of your run, from where in the past you start and the type of optimization is important for your requirements.

One year of tick data will need more RAM than 2 years of OHLC data.

Also the way your Algo is coded will impact your requirements.

Thanks, but do I need to run in local network farm with 2 different xeon pc, or I just need to use dual socket motherboard and mt5 can use all cores of 2 xeons

Sergey Golubev #:
There is key discussion thread: All (not yet) about Strategy Tester, Optimization and Cloud
so go to the first post of the thread  for get some information.

Thanks I'll check that

Swing Trading #:

Thanks, but do I need to run in local network farm with 2 different xeon pc, or I just need to use dual socket motherboard and mt5 can use all cores of 2 xeons

As you like. But I found it easier to use a local farm, this way my main computer stays usable for the time being.

Dominik Christian Egert #:
As you like. But I found it easier to use a local farm, this way my main computer stays usable for the time being.

I see, thanks

Reason: