Meta Tester does not recognize the second CPU cores/threads

Hi there,

I am setting up a local network farm to be used on Meta Tester, it is a dual socket PC with 2 Intel Xeon of 8 cores each, so a total of 16 cores (32 threads).

When I use the Strategy Tester on MT5 I get the 16 cores (32 threads) as expected, but I when I use the Meta Tester to set up the agents to be used on the network it only shows 8 cores (16 threads).

It is like the Meta Tester does not recognize the second CPU cores/threads.

Any help?

Tks.

rpcastro1979:

Hi there,

I am setting up a local network farm to be used on Meta Tester, it is a dual socket PC with 2 Intel Xeon of 8 cores each, so a total of 16 cores (32 threads).

When I use the Strategy Tester on MT5 I get the 16 cores (32 threads) as expected, but I when I use the Meta Tester to set up the agents to be used on the network it only shows 8 cores (16 threads).

It is like the Meta Tester does not recognize the second CPU cores/threads.

Any help?

Tks.

I think only one cpu/network accepted. If you have 20 cpu on your home network i think only one will be allowed....not sure and i suggest you read more about this from the page you downloaded it

"i suggest you read more about this from the page you downloaded it"

You mean the page I downloaded MT5? This is so specific information to be there. It is not there.

rpcastro1979:

"i suggest you read more about this from the page you downloaded it"

You mean the page I downloaded MT5? This is so specific information to be there. It is not there.

maybe this helps https://cloud.mql5.com/en/faq

Frequently Asked Questions Concerning the Distributed Computing MQL5 Cloud Network
Frequently Asked Questions Concerning the Distributed Computing MQL5 Cloud Network
  • cloud.mql5.com
MQL5 Cloud Network is a distributed computing cloud network. It means that computing tasks are distributed among the scores of computers registered in that network. In case you need to perform plenty of calculations that can be parallelized, you can enter the network and distribute your task among all spare CPU capacities. You can find...

I don't see anything on the Faq that explains it.. but maybe I'm blind. I'm having the same issue now though. Had 16 agents on my R710 rack unit, now I only have 8.

Jessica:
I don't see anything on the Faq that explains it.. but maybe I'm blind. I'm having the same issue now though. Had 16 agents on my R710 rack unit, now I only have 8.
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/327337
Tester agents limited to 8 at local network farm
Tester agents limited to 8 at local network farm
  • www.mql5.com
Hi, I have 16 local cores but I can use only 8 agents at my local network farm (please check the screenshot below...

Thank you so much, grabbing the older version until it's fixed.

Reason: