Latest MT5 update doesn't load EA demo's?

Just updated MT5, now I can't load my Market Demo and purchased EA's in Build 3815.. I can see them in Market and Windows Explorer but they won't load in MT5. Anyone else? Thx

If you are trying to load (to attach) purchased EA(s) to the chart (if those EAs already installed in your Metatrader) -
and if it is impossoble for you to attach them to the chart (if they are not attached) so look at Metatrader journal about what was written there.

Because it may be related to the activation which was used during the big Windows updates (in most cases), and you need to delete those EAs from Metatrader and install them once again (from same Metatrader).

By the way, demo versions of the EAs from the Market should work on strategy tester only (they must not attach to the chart because of demo).

Sergey Golubev #:
"..Because it may be related to the activation which was used during the big Windows updates (in most cases), and you need to delete those EAs from Metatrader and install them once again (from same Metatrader).
Thanks for the fast reply. However, if Windows update is the culprit, shouldn't "installing them all again.." apply to all EA's, including those included w MT5? 

Sergey Golubev #:

If you are trying to load (to attach) purchased EA(s) to the chart (if those EAs already installed in your Metatrader) -
and if it is impossoble for you to attach them to the chart (if they are not attached) so look at Metatrader journal about what was written there.

Because it may be related to the activation which was used during the big Windows updates (in most cases), and you need to delete those EAs from Metatrader and install them once again (from same Metatrader).

By the way, demo versions of the EAs from the Market should work on strategy tester only (they must not attach to the chart because of demo).

/2 Additionally, to test further, when I download a new Demo of another EA, it downloads and I can see it in the windows directory with all the others MT5 won't recognize or load - but MT5 does not see the new EA!

Volta_Trading:
Just updated MT5, now I can't load my Market Demo and purchased EA's in Build 3815.. I can see them in Market and Windows Explorer but they won't load in MT5. Anyone else? Thx

3815 is  beta. You should not use  beta unless you want to be a beta tester.

Use a broker account, not MetaQuotes-Demo.

Volta_Trading: Just updated MT5, now I can't load my Market Demo and purchased EA's in Build 3815.. I can see them in Market and Windows Explorer but they won't load in MT5. Anyone else? Thx

Build 3815 is a "beta" build which could potentially have bugs. The latest officially released build is 3802.

If you don't want to be a beta tester, then don't connect to MetaQuotes demo trade servers.

Only connect to reputable broker's trade servers (be they demo or real).

Alain Verleyen #:

3815 is  beta. You should not use  beta unless you want to be a beta tester.

Use a broker account, not MetaQuotes-Demo.

Thanks.. did not see a "This is a Beta Version" message in the update prompt. Is there one? 

Fernando Carreiro #:

Build 3815 is a "beta" build which could potentially have bugs. The latest officially released build is 3802.

If you don't want to be a beta tester, then don't connect to MetaQuotes demo trade servers.

Only connect to reputable broker's trade servers (be they demo or real).

Not a beta tester, just downloaded the standard MT5 Program to test in demo mode, can you direct me to the 3802 download build please? SURELY, I should be able to test MT5 within it's own ecosystem!

Volta_Trading #:
Not a beta tester, just downloaded the standard MT5 Program to test in demo mode, can you direct me to the 3802 download build please? SURELY, I should be able to test MT5 within it's own ecosystem!

You already get the answer 2 times.

Use a broker !

Alain Verleyen #:

You already get the answer 2 times.

Use a broker !

Thank you. Could you show me where on Metatrader 5's website and program where it's disclosed that "all updates are beta" please? Curious where I missed it. Cheers.

Volta_Trading #: Thank you. Could you show me where on Metatrader 5's website and program where it's disclosed that "all updates are beta" please? Curious where I missed it. Cheers.

You did not miss it. It is unfortunate that such information is not publicly disclosed. We know it from experience.

You will have to uninstall it completely and clean up any remnant directories ( "%APPDATA%\MetaQuotes" ).

And then download and install it from a reputable broker (emphasis on reputable).

Broker selection
Broker selection
  • www.mql5.com
MetaQuotes (MQ) is NOT a broker nor does it provide any financial, investment, brokerage, trading or data feed services, nor is it involved in any...
Reason: