Backtesting using Alpari Data

I have read in another forum that downloading Alpari data is the most accurate data for backtesting. But in contacting Interbank FX today, they stated that thier is no way to get accurate results in MT4. InterbankFX stated that using thier data was the most accurate up to about 60%. Can someone clarify this for me?

Well, to be honest, I think InterbankFX are pretty well hopeless when it comes to anything to do with MT4. They have a well known reputation for historical (and day to day) data issues, a myriad of problems with the MT4 platform that have been going on for several months with the list never getting shorter, they had live server outages the other day as 'they are rebooting a backend server' and the list goes on. The common thought is their present technical team are less than satisfactory but that's just plain rumour.

As for Alpari .... hmmm, they had a fully functional and stable platform going late August. I've not heard of any Alpari induced issues with the platform whatsoever.

Where do you go to get InterbankFX historical data anyway other than the limited backdata within MT4? Alpari has this available for download as far back as June 2004.

Martin
Reason: