V183 - Still "trade conext busy"

When I read that this should have been fixed in 183 I updated imediatly, despite the fact that I usually wait, and now I regret that! It is worse then before!

Slawa, is Metaquotes aware of that?

This is definitely a bug introduced in a recent build. It makes trading by expert or script unusable in MT4. To test this out (very replicatable), try executing a single script (that places a trade) on a single chart (only one chart open) the error will randomly occur after a certain point if you execute it a few times. The script simply will fail to unload (right click remove script does not work), though by definition a script should automatically unload after it runs a single time. I'm sure the same thing is happening with experts. There is no conflict between multiple scripts or multiple experts as the single script is the only thing active, and only a single OrderSend command is given. This is a major bug that prevents experts from operating correctly and was introduced in a recent build. Auto trading, even fully attended auto trading is totally out of the question with MT4 in its current state. Restarting MT4 after each order is not a feasible workaround though this is the only known way to reset the problem.

Codegopher,

I've been experiencing this problem too, and after very thorough debugging in my experts I came to the conclusion that there must be a trading queue lock for entering execution requests in the terminal, to be sent to the server.Imho, if that were the case,the IsTradeAllowed and OrderSend should be atomic operations, so that no races occur.

be sure that your build 183 is marked 07 Oct 2005

be sure that your build 183 is marked 07 Oct 2005

ahhhhh nice to read you slawa. light at the end of the tunnel

no mine is 04 Oct 2005. You guys are stingy with version numbers :-)

anyway, my autoupdate obviously does not realize that there is a new version. how do i get it?

what are people who do not read this board to do? They have no way of knowing that there is an update beyond what the auto-update engine installs. Since they don't have the most recent version, they're version is flawed...what are they to do?

Metaquotes...guys....you aren't doing yourself any favors here. why are you doing this to yourselves?

maybe I'm missing something , tho.

fukinag, this might be it: "MetaTrader 4 trading terminal"
Reason: