No push notifications on MT5 mobile app

Hey all,

since a recent update of either iOS or the MT5 mobile app, I do not get any push notifications about new messages, price alerts or product comments anymore.

Is anyone having the same issue and knows how to resolve it? I'm using iOS 16.4.1 and the MT5 mobile app build 3729.

Many thanks in advance.

Eric Emmrich: since a recent update of either iOS or the MT5 mobile app, I do not get any push notifications about new messages, price alerts or product comments anymore.

Is anyone having the same issue and knows how to resolve it? I'm using iOS 16.4.1 and the MT5 mobile app build 3729.

It's working just fine for me. Check if the MQID is still the same on your device and that it is the same one in your MetaTrader options (and on this website's Profile settings).

Fernando Carreiro #:
It's working just fine for me. Check if the MQID is still the same on your device and that it is the same one in your MetaTrader options (and on this website's Profile settings).

Thanks for the quick reply. I tried again and checked the MQID + all settings - notifications are all enabled for the MT5 mobile app.

Also, the settings are identical for the MT4 and MT5 mobile apps. Strangely enough, notifications do work just fine for the MT4 mobile app. So I believe it might be an issue with the MT5 app.

Eric Emmrich #: Also, the settings are identical for the MT4 and MT5 mobile apps.
The MQID should not be the same for both the MT4 and MT5 app. They should report different MQIDs.

Eric Emmrich #: Thanks for the quick reply. I tried again and checked the MQID + all settings - notifications are all enabled for the MT5 mobile app.

By the way, I have MT5 app build 3729 revision 5012, and MT4 app build 1380 revision 5008, both running on iOS 16.3.1 iPhone 11.

I also have MQL5 Channels app version 1.2002, and I am receiving notifications on all three, without issue.

Fernando Carreiro #: The MQID should not be the same for both the MT4 and MT5 app. They should report different MQIDs.

Yes, that's right. I entered both IDs in my MT5 desktop terminal for receiving notifications and while both IDs receive the notification, I only get a push message for the MT4 app.

Fernando Carreiro #: By the way, I have MT5 app build 3729 revision 5012, and MT4 app build 1380 revision 5008, both running on iOS 16.3.1 iPhone 11. I also have MQL5 Channels app version 1.2002, and I am receiving notifications on all three, without issue.

Mhh, I also have an iPhone 11 but with iOS 16.4.1. I think the issue started after updating to that iOS version.

Eric Emmrich #: Mhh, I also have an iPhone 11 but with iOS 16.4.1. I think the issue started after updating to that iOS version.
There is apparently a 16.5 update now. I will install it and see what it does.

Fernando Carreiro #:
There is apparently a 16.5 update now. I will install it and see what it does.

Thanks in advance for keeping me posted!

Eric Emmrich #: Thanks in advance for keeping me posted!
I have updated to 16.5 and it is still working on all three apps. MT4, MT5 an MQL5 Channels.

Fernando Carreiro #:
I have updated to 16.5 and it is still working on all three apps. MT4, MT5 an MQL5 Channels.

Alright, thanks Fernando! I will try re-installing the MT5 app then.

Quick update: re-installed the MT5 app but still do not receive any push notifications anymore.

As for the MT4 app, I do receive push notifications, but only for notifications sent from my MT5 desktop terminal. I also do not receive push notifications for private messages, product comments etc.

Reason: