location of .exe for ea

where can i find .exe file for my advisor? there are 2 files in the folder C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 5\MQL5\Experts. one is metaquotes language file and second is metaquotes terminal program with the name of ea. but i can not see file extension, i.e., whether .mq5 or .exe.

i want to send .exe file. if i open metaquotes language file, it opens source code. if i open metaquotes terminal program, it opens terminal directly. where is this .exe file located?

please advise so that i can upload file.

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Client Terminal Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Client Terminal Properties - Documentation on MQL5

askrsk:

where can i find .exe file for my advisor? there are 2 files in the folder C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 5\MQL5\Experts. one is metaquotes language file and second is metaquotes terminal program with the name of ea. but i can not see file extension, i.e., whether .mq5 or .exe.

i want to send .exe file. if i open metaquotes language file, it opens source code. if i open metaquotes terminal program, it opens terminal directly. where is this .exe file located?

please advise so that i can upload file.

There isn't a ".exe" file. The source code is ".mq5" and the compiled program is ".ex5".

In case of doubt the compiled file is the newest.

Hi,

Many thanks for reply. However, I can not locate even .ex5 file. I am not able to see file extension in the explorer. What I can see is type of files. One is Metaquotes language 5 file, which is source code. Another is Metaquotes terminal 5 program. When I click on this program, direct terminal opens with all EAs I developed including this particular one I want to submit.

I want to submit only .ex5 file as I have some special in source code which I don't want to disclose.

Please help me to locate this compiled file, or .ex5 file which I can upload for submission.

Many thanks in advance,

Best Regards,

askrsk:

Hi,

Many thanks for reply. However, I can not locate even .ex5 file. I am not able to see file extension in the explorer. What I can see is type of files. One is Metaquotes language 5 file, which is source code. Another is Metaquotes terminal 5 program. When I click on this program, direct terminal opens with all EAs I developed including this particular one I want to submit.

I want to submit only .ex5 file as I have some special in source code which I don't want to disclose.

Please help me to locate this compiled file, or .ex5 file which I can upload for submission.

Many thanks in advance,

Best Regards,

Hi askrsk,

If you are seeing the terminal.exe program...you are not in the Experts folder where the EA's are.

If you are using Windows explorer....go to the MQL5/Experts folder...then click on VIEW at the top menu.

Select DETAILS...and it will list all the programs with their full extensions...

Since the list is usually sorted...the .ex5 compiled code is usually right above the .mq5 code.

You may need to expand the columns at the top to see the full names.

Secondly, you can always go to the MQL5 folder (or your main hard drive eg: C:) and use the search bar to search for *.ex5 programs.

Hope this helps,

Robert

cosmicbeing:

Hi askrsk,

If you are seeing the terminal.exe program...you are not in the Experts folder where the EA's are.

If you are using Windows explorer....go to the MQL5/Experts folder...then click on VIEW at the top menu.

Select DETAILS...and it will list all the programs with their full extensions...

Since the list is usually sorted...the .ex5 compiled code is usually right above the .mq5 code.

Secondly, you can always go to the MQL5 folder (or your main hard drive eg: C:) and use the search bar to search for *.ex5 programs.

Hope this helps,

Robert

cosmicbeing:

Hi askrsk,

Hope this helps,

Robert

Hi Robert,

Many thanks. Search helped to locate .ex5 file. I will upload it and see what happens.

Best Regards,

askrsk

askrsk: Many thanks Robert. You helped me a lot. Are you also participating in the championship?

Reason: