Expert/Indicator

Hi Guys,

I have started developing my Expert as indicator so I can see and study all timings and functions as I would be looking at digital scope.
Now I have my points were I would like to open/close my order and I am not able to do it from my indicator.
Is there any way to run an Expert with indicator enabled?
Or can I somehow open order from my indicator or can I call my indicator from my expert?
How should I resolve this problem?
I would like to see all my functions on tick level while I am in expert .
Why am I not able to write to indicator window while in Expert?
-Stan

You cannot process trading operations from indicator.
use iCustom function from your expert

Hi Slawa,
Is it possible to call a script from my indicator which would open an order?
I would like to retain visibility of my indicator window.
-Stan

please use iCustom in the your expert code. experts and scripts only can open orders. indicators cannot do it.
open your custom indicator regardless of launched expert(s)

please use iCustom in the your expert code. experts and scripts only can open orders. indicators cannot do it.
open your custom indicator regardless of launched expert(s)

Is it possible to detect iCustom() call in the Indicator?
Is it possible to pass parameters same as in subroutine?
int start(parameters)
-Stan

i don't understand your question. if indicator launched then someone launches it.
int start(parameters)

of course. rtfm.

i don't understand your question. if indicator launched then someone launches it.
int start(parameters)

of course. rtfm.

Slawa,
I am trying to determine if the indicator was started by system or by expert within the indicator itself.
Also, is system and expert call initiated by same tick or separate one?
Who comes first to trigger indicator, system or Expert.

ICustom(NULL,...........)
How do you pass parameters to indicator?
int start(int test,...........)
I get warning: int function defined - start function's parameters will be ignored as expert properties.
-Stan

Stan,

look at the description for iCustom(). It explains how you pass input values to your indicator (you'll just need an input (extern) like "extern int CalledFromExpert= 0;") and you'll be able to set that from iCustom().

Markus

Stan,

look at the description for iCustom(). It explains how you pass input values to your indicator (you'll just need an input (extern) like "extern int CalledFromExpert= 0;") and you'll be able to set that from iCustom().

Markus

Hi Markus,
Unless I am looking at wrong place, I have looked at the description for iCustom() and there is absolutely nothing there relating to this issue.
In the description for "extern" it sows that hey are accessible from a property program sheet only. That means manually.
-Stan

Stan,

where the "..." are in the iCustom() call (before the last two parameters) you can pass the values that would normally used as manual inputs (in the order that they appear on the Inputs dialog).

So, in your indicator use an input like extern int CallFromExpert= 0; and then put a value of 1 into the iCustom() call where the dots are.

Markus

Stan,

where the "..." are in the iCustom() call (before the last two parameters) you can pass the values that would normally used as manual inputs (in the order that they appear on the Inputs dialog).

So, in your indicator use an input like extern int CallFromExpert= 0; and then put a value of 1 into the iCustom() call where the dots are.

Markus

OK it works, thanks Markus!
Reason: