Missing Data

How can I solve this problem? =) Thanks

Look at the difference in data:

(1) MetaTrader demo

(2) InterbankFx demo

ibfx seem to have no problems with these gaps.

Another example:

How can I solve this problem? =) Thanks

I have noticed same problem. Apparently it is normal. If you watch on M1 chart timing there are more then 1 minute of gaps. See "open/close"

That's a normal gap.

Also, keep in mind, different data providers provide slightly different data feeds.

- Vooch

That's a normal gap.

Also, keep in mind, different data providers provide slightly different data feeds.

- Vooch

However, these gaps are not seen on tick chart.

Here are my questions since it is all new to me:
Tick is when a data change happens in the market.... Yes?
So Tick has no specific time base.... Yes?
Therefore, every Tick is rounded to nearest minute...... Yes?
And that is why there is a gap if time between Ticks is more than one minute.... Yes?

Thanks for the answers. But correct me if im wrong, there is supposed to be no gaps in the forex market except when the market closes on Friday and starts on Sunday.

thats not true on very small time frame such as M1

However, you can see these gaps on any time frame.
Jim Ritter, President of Stratagem Software Int'l, Inc. a maker of charting software which does not show any gaps, told me that they are polling the server for the data on a periodic basis rather then receiving a streaming feed.

So it appears that raw streaming data will have these gaps and polled one will not.
The question is: What is correct and what is a standard if there is any?

Certainly in either case there will be a problem in opening and closing of an order if there is no standard.

Lets say that you enter an order at 1.2000 pips and data will be 1.1998 and 1.2002.
So now your order is in the gap.

Is it gone open as 1.2000, 1.1998 or 1.2002?

May be someone somewhere is making zillions of dollars on these gaps.

Jim Ritter, President of Stratagem Software Int'l, Inc. a maker of charting software which does not show any gaps, told me that they are polling the server for the data on a periodic basis rather then receiving a streaming feed.

So it appears that raw streaming data will have these gaps and polled one will not.

Certainly in either case there will be a problem in opening and closing of an order if there is no standard.

Lets say that you enter an order at 1.2000 pips and data will be 1.1998 and 1.2002.

How can these gaps be exploited? =o

How can these gaps be exploited? =o

You tell me.
What happens in the scenario as I have outlined above.

I do not know where these gaps are generated.
I do not know how the market data are distributed around the world.
It appears that each FX bank has some discretion on adjustments etc.
Reason: