MT5 Release 3672 potentially breaks CObject?

Sorry if this is the wrong place - but I couldn't find anywhere else to post a bug alert?

I was working on an EA last night - everything compiled fine - everything was working before i stopped coding for the night.

Woke up in morning - saw a MT5 software update, so ran it - now my EA doesn't compile.

As a benchmark test, i also tried to compile other EA's that i know work and have been untouched for months - and i have and the same errors occur.

Please see attached image for errors.

Regards,

Kiwi Fella

Files:

kiwi_fella: I was working on an EA last night - everything compiled fine - everything was working before i stopped coding for the night. Woke up in morning - saw a MT5 software update, so ran it - now my EA doesn't compile. As a benchmark test, i also tried to compile other EA's that i know work and have been untouched for months - and i have and the same errors occur.

Please note that build 3672 is a beta build. The current official build is 3661.

If you don't want to be a beta tester, then please don't connect to the MetaQuotes demo trade servers.

Use only accounts supplied by reputable brokers, be they real or demo accounts.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Please note that build 3672 is a beta build. The current official build is 3661.

If you don't want to be a beta tester, then please don't connect to the MetaQuotes demo trade servers.

Use only accounts supplied by reputable brokers, be they real or demo accounts.

Hi Fernando,

Thank you for your response, i appreciate it :-)

I am using the MetaQuotes Desktop Demo, as i am not ready for a real broker account - I was not aware that the MetaQuotes demo software uses beta builds - it's not really mentioned anywhere.

Are there any settings to change to use only stable releases on the MetaQuotes Desktop Demo?

Kind regards,

Kiwi.

kiwi_fella #:

Hi Fernando,

Thank you for your response, i appreciate it :-)

I am using the MetaQuotes Desktop Demo, as i am not ready for a real broker account - I was not aware that the MetaQuotes demo software uses beta builds - it's not really mentioned anywhere.

Are there any settings to change to use only stable releases on the MetaQuotes Desktop Demo?

Kind regards,

Kiwi.

No, don't use MetaQuotes Demo if you don't want to be a beta tester.

kiwi_fella #: Thank you for your response, i appreciate it :-) I am using the MetaQuotes Desktop Demo, as i am not ready for a real broker account 

You don't have to use real accounts with brokers. You can easily use demo accounts by brokers.

Find a reputable and regulated broker and open a demo account. No need to provide documentation or funds. Opening a demo account is quite easy.

kiwi_fella #: I was not aware that the MetaQuotes demo software uses beta builds - it's not really mentioned anywhere. Are there any settings to change to use only stable releases on the MetaQuotes Desktop Demo?

Not really! As soon as you connect to MetaQuotes demo trade servers you will be updated to beta builds.

Fixed in 3673.
Reason: