WHY MAKE THING EASY IF WE CAN MAKE THEM DIFFICULT

IM GIVING UP, I NEED LIKE 20 LINES OF CODE TO HAVE A SIMPLE SITUATION LIKE SELL AT MARKET AND BUY AT MARKET SIMULTANEOUSLY, LIKE A "REVERSE POSITION"

COULD THERE BE A ......Reverse_Position() ......... instruction?

another one

a simple PLOT() statment
a BUY and/or sell statment?

I really think taht you have a great piece of software, but with two large dificulties, 1. Few brokers use MT and excesively "technical" . in the MT Language. I miss a user friendly format such as Omega research Easy Language.

I have a very simple trading MODEL i want to try, and have a lot os difficulty implementing it with you, I have also tried Amibroker and they have a very friendly language

finally, I think both shortcomings can be overcome:

1. have the possibility to interphase with other data providers such as aonda, fxcm etc.
and
2, have an extensive PRINTABLE user manual of the MQL4 LANGUAGE

I personally like the C++ style language as opposed to the BASIC style.

Once you learn C++ you will find that MQL4 is so much better than MQL-II, but you gotta get past the learning curve. You have to trust me. Just learn C++. Take a community college class, buy a book, read a tutorial, something. Just learn C++ and it will answer all your problems about MQL4. But that is a steep entry price, I understand where you're comming from.

And your other concerns are extremely valid. But I truly think that MQ is going to continue to develop MQL and the client terminal as time progresses. MQL4 is superior language to eSignal and TradeStation. Had MQ kept the API, they would be in a far superior position once they finally got this platform fully developed.

If they would stop being so slow on development and re-introduce the API. eSig and TS get beaten and MetaTrader reigns supreme. As it is, TS has had to recently drop thier monthly fee. That just goes to show the level of competition amongst techinical analysis platforms. And the top 3 are TS, eSignal, and MetaTrader. Period.

In my humblest of opinions, that is.

I hope a MQ representative hears what I'm saying on this.

I doubt it :)
This is a 'Can't see the Forest for the Trees' thing, in my opinion. And I'd be pretty sure the main language Russian guys wouldn't understand that term for what it is.

Martin

I WILL TRY C++, BUT I MUCH RATHER TRY OUT TRADING STRATEGIES.

GT, HAVE YOU TRIED AMIBROKER?

I HAVE FOUND THAT THE BASIC TYPE OF LANGUAGE IS EASIER. BUT THEN AGAIN THAT IS A SUBJECTIVE OPINION.

ON TO OTHER MATTERS,...

I hear you, I guess I was getting on soap box. Sorry.

GT,

I honestly think it's a language barrier in understanding with MQ.

The English forums seem to receive terse replies and 'appear' to be littered with a lack of proper understanding from MQ. As opposed to the Russian forums which seem to be rich with verbose and helpful replies. (If only I could read and write Russian)

We want to see MT4 shine with valuable features for the benefit to obviously us the trader but also MQ/MT4 will gain further in the trading platform arena.

I get the feeling MQ think we're all out to get them and insult the platform - this is of course not the case.

Martin

> (If only I could read and write Russian)

Martin,

You can. It's called:
http://babelfish.altavista.com/

Choose Translate "Russian to English".

- Vooch

hahaha yeah thats what I used but the responses are so incredibly funny

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/trurl_pagecontent?lp=ru_en&trurl=http%3a%2f%2fwww.metaquotes.ru%2fforum%2f5553%2f

Neprorisovka of the spark plugs

Prover' are there no in the recent days of excess spark plugs, two or three times (after output) they appeared excess spark plugs and then tracing the latter did not coincide shityu the stekushchim value of price.

Martin,

Yes, they are very funny.

Another thing that's funny is they want the MT4 API more than the Americans do. You should see all the posts about that! hahaha

- Vooch

Yeah, I was just, errr, reading the posts :)
Funny thing is is I still don't know why MQ don't want to release the API. But I guess we'll never know nor understand. Doesn't make any difference to me but I know others who definitely want it.

Strange company this MetaQuotes
Reason: