HFT

Is there anyone who has experience with HFT?
I have read about it on the internet but I would like to hear the experiences of someone who has EA built for it.
Thank you for sharing your experiences and advantages and disadvantages that you have experienced.

Please search before you ask: https://www.mql5.com/en/search#!keyword=HFT

Carl Schreiber #:
Please search before you ask: https://www.mql5.com/en/search#!keyword=HFT

I already searched. The only content that can be found is either a job application or an EA sale.

There is no useful content or information sharing.

For HFT you need to use a fast language and be running it in server that is colocated with the exchange.

This will cost you at least $100K - just to start.

Is this you?

tinivini:
I have read about it on the internet but I would like to hear the experiences of someone who has EA built for it.
Thank you for sharing your experiences and advantages and disadvantages that you have experienced.

HFT are not recommended for retail traders, These are often used by hedge funds and the strategies and information are mostly not public.

Its complex to survive because taxes are high when we do thousands of trades in a minute, so they definitely involves averaging and pyramiding method. I hardly know any retail who shown interest in HFT Trading

However if you are interested to explore about HFT, You can search on Google, but still you will not find complete strategy.

To build your HFT, follow these term

1. Find any scalping strategy, you can start your research on candlesticks pattern and go as complex as harmonic patterns, Study it on every tick or 1 second, 3 seconds, 5 seconds or max 15 seconds charts.

2. Build an EA and keep optimizing it for years until you find profit after paying huge brokerage, You can expect with $10k account, your profit results would be like $80k and brokerage = $70k, net profit = $10k. Using max leverage provided by broker is a must because HFTs are made to trade with maximum leverage possible.

If your brokerage is zero then its possible you will lose in swap or slippage, so you have to prepare calculation on the EA for that

4. Run it on VPS.

tinivini:
HFT not available for retail traders. Furthermore brokers wouldn't allow normal "retail traders" using HFT for trading. Unless you are working with big hedge fund companies or any other funds trading.
Reason: