MT4 EA License

Hi,

Just a quick question.

I bought an EA from a developer outside MQL5 and want to know if the developer can revoke my license remotely. At the moment I dont have to enter a licence code to use it, just asking on a need to know basis.

Thanks

Regards

jimmypaul:

Hi,

Just a quick question.

I bought an EA from a developer outside MQL5 and want to know if the developer can revoke my license remotely. At the moment I dont have to enter a licence code to use it, just asking on a need to know basis.

Thanks

Regards

We couldn't know what kind of limitation he has put in the EA's code, if he has of course.

That's why you should purchase from MQL5.com Market, where any kind of limitations are fobidden.

jimmypaul: Just a quick question. I bought an EA from a developer outside MQL5 and want to know if the developer can revoke my license remotely. At the moment I dont have to enter a licence code to use it, just asking on a need to know basis.

Is this a pre-made EA or was it a coding job?

If you obtained the source code, then chances are that there is no "licensing" on it.

If it is closed source with no license code, then it may have been hard-coded to only work with your account name or account number or something of the sort.

If you were instructed to enable a web URL address in the terminal Options, then it is in fact licensed via a remote web service. If there was no such instruction, then it is not controlled remotely.

jimmypaul:

• If you have purchased a product elsewhere and are having problems with it, we cannot help you.
  • If you have problems and your product uses any form of built-in licensing outside MQL Market, we cannot help you.
  • We do not provide support for external services outside of MQL5.com.
Regarding your question: We do not have a crystal ball and as Eleni said we do not know the nature of that EA.

Fernando Carreiro #If you were instructed to enable a web URL address in the terminal Options, then it is in fact licensed via a remote web service. If there was no such instruction, then it is not controlled remotely.

The same with DLLs. If enable them and the EA makes use of libraries, it may be sharing information remotely.

Care must be taken with that.

Thanks everyone for your responses. Very helpful.

Regards

Miguel Angel Vico Alba #:

• If you have purchased a product elsewhere and are having problems with it, we cannot help you.
  • If you have problems and your product uses any form of built-in licensing outside MQL Market, we cannot help you.
  • We do not provide support for external services outside of MQL5.com.
Regarding your question: We do not have a crystal ball and as Eleni said we do not know the nature of that EA.

Thanks not having any problems just asking.

Regards

Miguel Angel Vico Alba #:

The same with DLLs. If enable them and the EA makes use of libraries, it may be sharing information remotely.

Care must be taken with that.

Thanks noted

Fernando Carreiro #:

Is this a pre-made EA or was it a coding job?

If you obtained the source code, then chances are that there is no "licensing" on it.

If it is closed source with no license code, then it may have been hard-coded to only work with your account name or account number or something of the sort.

If you were instructed to enable a web URL address in the terminal Options, then it is in fact licensed via a remote web service. If there was no such instruction, then it is not controlled remotely.

Thanks Fernando.

Eleni Anna Branou #:

We couldn't know what kind of limitation he has put in the EA's code, if he has of course.

That's why you should purchase from MQL5.com Market, where any kind of limitations are fobidden.

Thanks Eleni

Reason: