MT3 API: What does ConSecurity indirect field do?

In the MetaTraderAPIExample2 project, I see several instanced of the following:

SendOrderInfo soi;
	soi.volume = m_nLots;
	soi.cmd = cmd;

if(g_pSecs[m_iSec].indirect == FALSE) 
		soi.price = (cmd == OP_BUY ? m_fAsk : m_fBid);
	else
		soi.price = (cmd == OP_BUY ? m_fBid : m_fAsk);

Can someone from MetaQuotes (or someone more familiar with the MT3 API) explain what this check is for. It seems a bit counterintuitive from my naive viewpoint (why would I ever try to send in an BUY order using the Bid price -- wouldn't it be rejected immediately?). This would appear to happen if g_pSecs[m_iSec].indirect = TRUE .

Can someone tell me what the ConSecurity structure's indirect field's purpose is? I translated the Russian comments and it stated simply "Return calculation of profits", however, this makes little sense in the context.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
- HP

just exotics. implemented for only one broker. exposed code is "self documented"

Slawa,

Wow, thanks for the quick response. Just to confirm:

So this will never happen for currencies?
Are the exotics like the CFDs and stock trades available on Alpari?
Is Alpari the broker that requested this?

Another question from MetaTraderAPIExample2: I saw this check in the OnInitDialog() call:

//---- symbols
	for (int i = 0; i < g_nSecs; i++)
	{
		//---- unused[0] &#241;&#232;&#227;&#237;&#224;&#235;&#232;&#231;&#232;&#240;&#243;&#229;&#242; &#226;&#251;&#225;&#240;&#224;&#237; &#235;&#232; symbol
		if (g_pSecs[i].unused[0] == 1)
		{
			int idx = m_Symbols.AddString(g_pSecs[i].name);
			m_Symbols.SetItemData(idx, i);
		}
	}

I found a Russian page with the comments correctly encoded and was able to translate the comment for the unused[16] field as "it is reserved".

What is this field used for? Obviously the unused[0] is a flag of some sort. What kind?

Thanks again!

- HP

Alpari does not use indirect flag, it is false always.
unused[0] used for internal purposes. translation of comment is "unused[0] signals whether symbol is selected already"

What exactly does:

"unused[0] signals whether symbol is selected already"

mean in this case? Obviously it has significance, as it is being used in the startup code. I am trying to understand the MT3 API as best I can so that I don't make any mistakes once I start implementing it on a real system. Certainly unused[0] has some important meaning! :)

Also, I noticed that the number of lots used when sending in an order is always 100 times what we would consider a normal lot. That is, if I want a single lot on a normal trading acct, I would set the SendOrderInfo structure's volume field to 100. Is this correct? For a mini acct, a single lot would be a volume of 10. Yes?

Thanks again... I promise to try not to bother so much. But, your API looks very promising to me.

- HP
Reason: