Does Metatrader VPS support sqllite databases?

Hello,

I have made an EA for Metatrader 5 that uses a sqllite database file in the background, which is stored locally. Does the Metatrader VPS support sqllite databases and can I make my EA work on the server?
How could the locally stored database file synchronise with that on the VPS?

The database file is inevitable for my EA. I use builtin Metatrader 5 database support without any other plugins or addons.

Thanks for any help.

Virtual hosting for MetaTrader 5
Virtual hosting for MetaTrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
The fastest VPS server for forex trading from the MetaTrader 4/5 terminal developers

dcjsaun: I have made an EA for Metatrader 5 that uses a sqllite database file in the background, which is stored locally. Does the Metatrader VPS support sqllite databases and can I make my EA work on the server?

How could the locally stored database file synchronise with that on the VPS? The database file is inevitable for my EA. I use builtin Metatrader 5 database support without any other plugins or addons. Thanks for any help.

I think that it does support files, so that would imply SQLite too, but the best way is to experiment. I believe there is a free testing period, so maybe try it out for yourself and see.

dcjsaun :

Hello,

I have made an EA for Metatrader 5 that uses a sqllite database file in the background, which is stored locally. Does the Metatrader VPS support sqllite databases and can I make my EA work on the server?
How could the locally stored database file synchronise with that on the VPS ?

The database file is inevitable for my EA. I use builtin Metatrader 5 database support without any other plugins or addons.

Thanks for any help.

It should work but I didn't try.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

MetaQuote VPS. How does sqlite work in a virtual machine?

Renat Fatkhullin , 2022.11.19 11:45

Try it - the first 24 hours of the virtual machine is free and you can refuse with a refund.

It will be flooded at a normal speed - we have 10 Gbps channels to the servers.

Alain Verleyen #: I think the free trial is not possible any more. Unless it's only for me ?
Did not know that it was removed. I've never used or tried the MQL5 VPS service.

Alain Verleyen #: I think it's not removed sorry, it's just not available to me because I already used it. Please check if you can, to confirm.

If try it now I will also lose it if I want to experiment with it in the future, so I would rather not try.

Reason: