[Signals] Low rated signal, yet high reliability.

Hello everyone!

My signal is not available on the MT5 terminal as, according to MQL5, it has a « low rating ».
However, the reliability shows 4 out of 5. 

I know this might seem like a rookie question but isn’t the reliability the same as the rating for signals? In the sense that 4 out of 5 should « normally » be considered good. Or are you suppose to have 5 out of 5 to see it on the MT5 terminal?

Maybe it is because my signal is new? 

Thanks!

My mt5 to give me buy or sell for free without buying any systems or to get signals for deriv at mt5

I believe that the reliability is something completely different to the ranking and the ratings.

The ranking is the order it appear on the list, based on multiple factors.

The ratings are what is given by subscribers in their reviews.

And the reliability is ... "Reliability evaluates the risks of the signal relative to other ones in %. The higher the value, the more reliable the signal."

Fernando Carreiro #:

I believe that the "Reliability" is something completely different to the ranking and the ratings.

The ranking is the order it appear on the list, based on multiple factors.

The ratings are what is given by subscribers in their reviews.

And the reliability is ... "Reliability evaluates the risks of the signal relative to other ones in %. The higher the value, the more reliable the signal."

That’s what I also thought at first, until pressing « Details » and it showed me the same definition for rating and reliability. (-> attached screenshot).

Zaky Hamdoun #: That’s what I also thought at first, until pressing « Details » and it showed me the same definition for rating and reliability. (-> attached screenshot).

Unfortunately MetaQuotes sometimes uses the same name for things. For example the ranking of products and signals is called ratings on the webpages and the subscriber reviews are also called ratings sometimes.

To make it more easily to understand, lets call it "rank ratings" (which is what appears in your screenshot), and the other one we will call "review ratings".

So, the "rank ratings" has a special formula that MetaQuotes uses, which we do not know, that defines how the signal is ranked on their list.

The "reliability" however, has another formular for it which is different to the "rank ratings", but we also don't know how it is calculated, but seems to only be based on the risk percentage (probably drawdown and deposit load).

Fernando Carreiro #:

Unfortunately MetaQuotes sometimes uses the same name for things. For example the ranking of products and signals is called ratings on the webpages and the subscriber reviews are also called ratings sometimes.

To make it more easily to understand, lets call it "rank ratings" (which is what appears in your screenshot), and the other one we will call "review ratings".

So, the "rank ratings" has a special formula that MetaQuotes uses, which we do not know, the defines how the signal is ranked on their list. This "rank ratings" is only visible to you as the signal provider. All other users cannot see this "rank ratings".

The "reliability" however, has another formular for it which is different to the "rank ratings", but we also don't know how it is calculated, but seems to only be based on the risk percentage (probably drawdown and deposit load).

Oh ok! I see what you mean.

To be fair I didn't quite understand how MetaQuotes expects me to have any kind of rating... if the signal is not available on the MT5 terminal. But I guess I just have to advertise it words to mouth!

Thanks for your answer.

Zaky Hamdoun #:Oh ok! I see what you mean.To be fair I didn't quite understand how MetaQuotes expects me to have any kind of rating... if the signal is not available on the MT5 terminal. But I guess I just have to advertise it words to mouth! Thanks for your answer.
You are welcome!

Fernando Carreiro #:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

MetaTrader 5 Trading Signals Redefined

MetaQuotes, 2017.10.17 13:14

A new reliability parameter has been added to the MetaTrader 5 Signals Showcase for a quick evaluation of a signal. This aggregate value measures multiple parameters to simplify the comparison of signals in terms of investment reliability.

New reliability parameter

For example, in case of a large load on the deposit (Max Load %) or a huge increase in the monthly growth, this value is reduced. Conversely, a moderate monthly growth and deposit load normally reduce investment risks, so reliability is higher in this case.

Reason: