Huge price change: how detect?

Hi.

Please, any ideas on how can I detect a huge price change on one tick (attached image with price change)?

How can I close a position before this price change?

Thanks.

Files:
PRICE-CHANGE.PNG  461 kb

Gabms:

Hi.

Please, any ideas on how can I detect a huge price change on one tick (attached image with price change)?

How can I close a position before this price change?

Thanks.

Detecting it is not hard, but anyway you can't hope to close a position BEFORE it. How could you know it will happen before it happens ?

Gabms: Please, any ideas on how can I detect a huge price change on one tick (attached image with price change)?

Easy! When the absolute value of the [current price] minus the [previous price] is greater than a predetermined value.

But please note that you can only detect it after the fact, not before. You cannot predict it. You can only calculate its probability.

Gabms: How can I close a position before this price change?

You can't! That is the inherent characteristic of Boom or Crash.

Those synthetic symbols are designed to be like that. They have sudden spikes or drops in the price at random within a certain average number of ticks.

Any stop-loss or take-profit will simply not hold and the price will slip. That is the whole point of those symbols.

Thanks, Alain and Fernando.

Alain Verleyen #:
Detecting it is not hard, but anyway you can't hope to close a position BEFORE it. How could you know it will happen before it happens ?

Hi you need to understand how bullish and bearish candles interact any price spike for the bullish means it hit the same level where the bearish candle was going down 

try to check any chart of forex crypto or indexes as all of them are  the same 

zal123 #: Hi you need to understand how bullish and bearish candles interact any price spike for the bullish means it hit the same level where the bearish candle was going down try to check any chart of forex crypto or indexes as all of them are  the same 

Your comment is not relevant to these synthetic assets. They do not behave like forex or crypto or even indices. They are very different at the tick level.

Reason: