How to publish an MQL4/5 Script or MQL5 Service program on the Market section?

How to publish an MQL4/5 Script or MQL5 Service program on the Market section?

I’m looking for information from anyone who has successfully published an MQL4/5 Script or MQL5 Service program in the Market section.

I will assume that they need to be classified as “Utilities”. However, will scripts or services be recognised and validated properly, and will they be then downloaded in to the correct folder when a customer purchases them?

As an experiment, I created a draft product, classified as a “Utility”, and uploaded a service program, which the system promptly accepted, but it carried out no verification on it.

However, since it is a draft and I don’t want to publish just to test if it is classified correctly in downloads, I’m asking this in the forum, hoping someone has already published a script or a service program successfully, and can offer any information on the process.

I was curious, so I tried with a MQL5 Service. Classified as "Utilities", it worked, but it downloaded it on "Experts" folder, however you can activate and run it as a Service.

2023.03.23 17:38:30.120    MQL5 Market    'MT5 Service' product has been downloaded to 'MQL5\Experts\Market\MT5 Service.ex5'

I will ask Metaquotes if they can fix that.

Alain Verleyen #: I was curious, so I tried with a MQL5 Service. Classified as "Utilities", it worked, but it downloaded it on "Experts" folder, however you activate activate and run it as a Service.

2023.03.23 17:38:30.120    MQL5 Market    'MT5 Service' product has been downloaded to 'MQL5\Experts\Market\MT5 Service.ex5'

Thank you for the information update and for requesting a fix from MetaQuotes.

I also tried with a script, and here all is doing well, installed in the correct folder.

2023.03.23 18:07:11.891    MQL5 Market    'MT5 Script' product has been downloaded to 'MQL5\Scripts\Market\MT5 Script.ex5'

Alain Verleyen #:I also tried with a script, and here all is doing well, installed in the correct folder.

2023.03.23 18:07:11.891    MQL5 Market    'MT5 Script' product has been downloaded to 'MQL5\Scripts\Market\MT5 Script.ex5'

Thank you for the confirmation. It is much appreciated.

Fernando Carreiro #:
Thank you for the confirmation. It is much appreciated.
Thanks for pushing me to check

Alain Verleyen #:

I was curious, so I tried with a MQL5 Service. Classified as "Utilities", it worked, but it downloaded it on "Experts" folder, however you can activate and run it as a Service.

The fix has been rejected by MetaQuotes. Strange, but that's it.

@Alain Verleyen #: The fix has been rejected by MetaQuotes. Strange, but that's it.

Given that it is obviously a bug, the rejection really is strange! Did they give any reason or explanation?

Fernando Carreiro #:

Given that it is obviously a bug, the rejection really is strange! Did they give any reason or explanation?

Unfortunately not.

@Alain Verleyen #: Unfortunately not.

It seems they do not wish to properly support MQL5 Services.

Thank you for your efforts.

Reason: