how can I save the settings of the other panels (not charts) on MT5

Hello ,

One technical question:

I can save on my all-in-one MT5 a particular profile from the "file" menu and labeling it. But this way I can save ONLY the charts.

From menu  “view” choosing: toolbars menu - standard, time frames, line studies,  also market watch, navigator, toolbox, market depth - I can't save this set up to a particular profile (pressing "save" button from the "manage profile" sub-menu , after creating a specific new profile (from “file „menu) , but I can not save these changes on MT5 by the next start  (post-closing).

By starting the platform, I need to set up them from scratch, is this normal ? Only my specific charts (all of them) can be saved.

Please for advice – should I re-install my MT5 or this  function (NOT to save tool set up !) is common for AMP MT5 all-in-one ?

Thanks,

Best,

Boris

borko1: By starting the platform, I need to set up them from scratch, is this normal ? Only my specific charts (all of them) can be saved.

The "profiles" do not save the layout of the terminal windows and toolbars. That layout is saved to the terminal's general configuration files and and are not specific to the profiles.

Is that what you are asking about or are you referring to the general configuration of the terminal being lost on a restart?

If you are referring to the "general" layout that is irrespective of the profiles, then possible causes are:

• when the configuration files are corrupted
  • when security permissions on those configuration files are preventing them from being updated properly
  • when the MetaTrader terminal does not shutdown properly and does not flush the data to the configuration file.

Please have a look to the attached file

Files:
download.png  161 kb

borko1 #: Please have a look to the attached file

I've already answered ...

If you are referring to the "general" layout that is irrespective of the profiles, then possible causes are:

• when the configuration files are corrupted
  • when security permissions on those configuration files are preventing them from being updated properly
  • when the MetaTrader terminal does not shutdown properly and does not flush the data to the configuration file.

Hello,

OK, thanks Fernando but what should I do in order to make my MT5 work properly ?

Best, Boris

borko1 #: OK, thanks Fernando but what should I do in order to make my MT5 work properly?

Did you not understand what I wrote?

If you did not understand, then it will probably be easier for you to just re-install a fresh copy of MetaTrader.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Did you not understand what I wrote?

If you did not understand, then it will probably be easier for you to just re-install a fresh copy of MetaTr

Thanks, I will re-install....it is difficult for me to understand this "technician" language , thus better to re-install

After re-installation - same problem I do not know what to do, unfortunately.. 

I do not know how but currently my MT5 starts working properly ?!

borko1 #:
I do not know how but currently my MT5 starts working properly ?!
Once upon a time I posted a procedure to fix such issue...
Reason: