Trendline Rays

Hi,

Is it possible to have a Right and a Left selectable Trendline Ray option?

Thanks for any help
Martin

no. manually reverse only

Slawa,

Not sure I quite understand the response - what's manually reverse ?

Does this allow the same trendline points to have a ray extended both to the left and right direction, enabling me to see touch points in both directions ?

Could you add Ray 'Extend Left' and 'Extend Right' into Metatrader? Many other charting programs currently provide this functionality and I know many other traders that would find it of benefit.

Cheers
Martin

1. open trendline properties
2. write on the paper first and second coordinates
3. put second coordinate instead of first coordinate
4. put first coordinate instead of second
5. push ok button

second way
draw second trendline on the first trendline but oriented to another side

Thanks for the quick and dirty fix, Slawa. I continually need to move the trendlines so need the ray both ways.

Could you add Ray 'Extend Left' and 'Extend Right' into Metatrader? Many other charting programs currently provide this functionality and I know many other traders that would find it of benefit.

Martin

we'll think but no promises

I am interested in being able to use the trend lines for pattens on the charts and the angle needs to be maintained all the time. I find that most often when I try to move the lines only one end moves and not the whole line. This changes the angles which defeats the purpose of my charting. Would appreciate if this could be fixed.
Kirrakid

after it is in position at the correct angle use the middle marker to shift it up and down or left and right

ernst773,

I suspect kirrakid may be in the same position as I am or suffering from the same difficulty.
I have long historical trendlines of which i try and line up as many 'touch' points. Since MT trendlines only have a 'right-side' ray, the markers are always typically way, way, way back in the charts.

Trying to grab them back there and line up with current positions is often clumsy.

Trendlines could be vastly improved with :-
- extend left _and_ right rays
- some key combo and mouse enabling the moving position of a trendline BY ANY PART OF IT'S RAY whilst maintaining the same trendline angle.

Everyone I know who trades using trendlines has complained to me about how cumbersome they are to move (as well as one sided rays).

Metatrader is a fantastic product. Trendlines are one of the few things I find annoying with it.

Cheers
Martin
Reason: