Server has some restart issues, MT5 constantly forgetting login information?

Hi

As the title says my dedicated server seems to have some kind of fault right now, it seems to restart on a frequent basis but that causes problems.  All of my MT5 terminals forget the login information, and mql5 login information.  This is a massive pain as I am currently running reasonable sized prop accounts and thus causes big time periods like today of 7 hours downtime.

Is there anyway to stop it from forgetting everything?

Also my EAs I downloaded yesterday have all lost their activation for some reason so if i continue I will lose another. Yikes.

Thanks!

Virtual hosting for MetaTrader 5
Virtual hosting for MetaTrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
The fastest VPS server for forex trading from the MetaTrader 4/5 terminal developers

Stefan Marjoram: Hi. As the title says my dedicated server seems to have some kind of fault right now, it seems to restart on a frequent basis but that causes problems.  All of my MT5 terminals forget the login information, and mql5 login information.  This is a massive pain as I am currently running reasonable sized prop accounts and thus causes big time periods like today of 7 hours downtime. Is there anyway to stop it from forgetting everything?

Also my EAs I downloaded yesterday have all lost their activation for some reason so if i continue I will lose another. Yikes. Thanks!

1. If your server has problems, then you should address those first before looking at anything else.
  2. After you add or alter information on MetaTrader, close it once for it to flush to disk, so that it will be available when next it starts up again.
  3. Anytime your server suffers a major Windows update or reinstallation, or changes to hardware, then you will lose activations. When you run out of activations you will have to purchase them again. There nothing that can be done.

Fernando Carreiro #:
  1. If your server has problems, then you should address those first before looking at anything else.
  2. After you add or alter information on MetaTrader, close it once for it to flush to disk, so that it will be available when next it starts up again.
  3. Anytime your server suffers a major Windows update or reinstallation, or changes to hardware, then you will lose activations. When you run out of activations you will have to purchase them again. There nothing that can be done.

Thanks,

1. In the process of doing this.

2. So I did open them and close it once for every terminal I updated yseterday after installing windows.  All of the EAs were activated yesterday after updating windows, so there were no updates or anything of that kind going on.

3. Since I installed everything again yesterday, I did a restart as my server was unresponsive today for some reaosn. There were no hardwre or software changes but the account information is lost so MT5 is seeing some kind of change but from what I can tell there is none what so ever.

Obviously this is very damaging and frustrating.  Within three days I have lost three activations for windows reinstall (same version as before), a random restart and now this.  Some software is very expensive and losing activations like this is pretty damaging, starting to see some downsides of this setup.

So..

I have reinstalled the server, it has had all hardware checked by the host.  Instead of windows server 2022 it now runs 2019 with all updates turned off after I updated it all.

There is still an issue of it restarting randomly.

I run 10 live accounts on the Administrator, 17 mt5 demo accounts on another user called "Demo" and no other software is installed.  Does anyone know if there are some complexities by running so many terminals in /portable mode across two user accounts?  I cannot find any data on this anywhere.

Reason: