Validation error [Solved: ASCII Text Only] - page 2

Thank you both for your responses.
I have uploaded another EA and it has passed the verification process.
So I have to find what can be wrong in my code
I'll work on it, thank you

Enrique Enguix #: Thank you both for your responses. I have uploaded another EA and it has passed the verification process. So I have to find what can be wrong in my code. I'll work on it, thank you

I don't think it is so much what is wrong with your EA but more about something that MetaQuotes' verification process is unable to process.

If your EA is working without issue in the Strategy Tester on you machine and is able to work on a live account too, then it may just be something specific that causes the issue.

Try blocking out parts of the code that you suspect my be unorthodox and then test again, until you can narrow it down.

Also look at things like memory consumption as a possible issue.

Fernando Carreiro #:

I don't think it is so much what is wrong with your EA but more about something that MetaQuotes' verification process is unable to process.

If your EA is working without issue in the Strategy Tester on you machine and is able to work on a live account too, then it may just be something specific that causes the issue.

Try blocking out parts of the code that you suspect my be unorthodox and then test again, until you can narrow it down.

Also look at things like memory consumption as a possible issue.

Yes, unfortunately I spent the whole weekend removing functions, and nothing worked.  Even trying to upload the old version again didn't work.  I counted how long it took OnTick to execute, and I was getting values ​​around 0.1 milliseconds, so I think that's not the problem here.  This is frustating.  Still thanks as always for replying

So no matter what you do , even if you place the code of the other ea on this one , it does not pass (try it ,the update it's not getting pushed to clients unless you hit publish)? It's gonna be some annoying one in a million years condition or error that your ea hits . (ps what happens when their tester freezes i wonder ? )

Lorentzos Roussos #:

So no matter what you do , even if you place the code of the other ea on this one , it does not pass (try it ,the update it's not getting pushed to clients unless you hit publish)? It's gonna be some annoying one in a million years condition or error that your ea hits . (ps what happens when their tester freezes i wonder ? )

Sorry, I didn't understand the last part, Lorentzos.  The code does not freeze.

There is no warning or error anywhere except in the validator.

How many chances are there that someone at the service desk will study my case and try to solve it?

Enrique Enguix #:
Sorry, I didn't understand the last part, Lorentzos.  The code does not freeze.

There is no warning or error anywhere except in the validator.

How many chances are there that someone at the service desk will study my case and try to solve it?

Ow sorry , so when you said " I have uploaded another EA and it has passed the verification process." you mean you uploaded it on the same project and it passed, not by creating a new product ?

I mean their tester , it's impossible they don't have safeguards in place for when it takes too long or freezes or takes forever . Maybe the tester is forced to exit but they did not ensure they pass the error message , so you are left with what it did up to the point of exit (because you see the trading operations number).

Sorry for the confusion.

edit : Also did they ask you for the source code when you mentioned the issue ?

Lorentzos Roussos #:

Ow sorry , so when you said " I have uploaded another EA and it has passed the verification process." you mean you uploaded it on the same project and it passed, not by creating a new product ?

I mean their tester , it's impossible they don't have safeguards in place for when it takes too long or freezes or takes forever . Maybe the tester is forced to exit but they did not ensure they pass the error message , so you are left with what it did up to the point of exit (because you see the trading operations number).

Sorry for the confusion.

edit : Also did they ask you for the source code when you mentioned the issue ?

Oh, I understand. No, what I did is upload another file to this product, which was uploaded with no troubles.

When I wrote to the service desk they simply asked me for the lonk of the product. I did not receive new answers

Enrique Enguix #: Oh, I understand. No, what I did is upload another file to this product, which was uploaded with no troubles. When I wrote to the service desk they simply asked me for the lonk of the product. I did not receive new answers
lonk???? Do you mean "log"?

Fernando Carreiro #:
lonk???? Do you mean "log"?

Link, sorry

Enrique Enguix #: Yes, unfortunately I spent the whole weekend removing functions, and nothing worked.  Even trying to upload the old version again didn't work.  I counted how long it took OnTick to execute, and I was getting values ​​around 0.1 milliseconds, so I think that's not the problem here.  This is frustating.  Still thanks as always for replying

Ok, so if your previous version did not pass, then it is definitely a problem on the MetaQuotes side and not your code.

Since they probably always use there latests MetaTester update on their end, it will have to do with some bug introduced in the latest build of theirs.

I guess, that the only thing you can do is wait, which I can understand will be extremely frustrating for you.

Reason: