disable market execution

Hi everyone , 

I am on the lookout for anyone that might be able to help me with an idea I have that disables completely market executions and only allows me to trade with pending limits. I currently use a expert advisor to place my trades but want to completely take away the ability to execute at market and restrict myself to only place limits ? I am aware of disabling one click trading but need something a lot stricter which doesnt allow to be changed.

Is this possible ? any help is really appreciated 

kind regards

Paul

Not possible. Your only option is discipline.

the discipline i can appreciate i need to work on , i just thought there may be a way to take out the chance of me going on tilt / revenge trading. 

paulward4 #:
the discipline i can appreciate i need to work on , i just thought there may be a way to take out the chance of me going on tilt / revenge trading. 

Brain surgery/Coaching/Medication/Thriatlon participation/etc.

*-without the slightest despise - known issue 
but anyway, even if that feature was introduced, still people can shut it off to get revenge.. 

paulward4: Hi guys , An idea i have is a EA that will restrict how many open positions you can have open at any given time. I use a trade assistant to execute trades at the moment , is it possible to create an EA that once 1/2 positions is open no further can then be opened ? kind regards paul

You can't restrict trading. That is up to your discipline.

But if you have the source code for your "Trade Assistant" then it can be modified to alert you and not allow you to do so on the "Assistant", but you will still be able to do it manually or via other EAs.

paulward4 #:

I have deleted your new and similar topic. I have moved Fernando's post from that topic to here (post above mine.)

Do not double post!

Fernando Carreiro #:

You can't restrict trading. That is up to your discipline.

But if you have the source code for your "Trade Assistant" then it can be modified to alert you and not allow you to do so on the "Assistant", but you will still be able to do it manually or via other EAs.

Hi Fernando , thank you for the great reponse. If possible could i send you a private message quickly ?

@paulward4 #: Hi Fernando , thank you for the great reponse. If possible could i send you a private message quickly ?

Any request for free advice should be done in the Forum. Any paid requests should be done in the Freelance section.

PS! I no longer offer coding, tutoring or mentoring services (paid or otherwise).

Reason: