What is the MT5 Mime Type for downloading

Hi, when I try to download an expert advisor for MT5 it asks to use xdg-open to download it. I'm using linux and wine and it never ends up downloading anything.

What is the mime type for these files? I may be able to set up my MT5 command using xdg-mime.

I am not using Linux but I was searching the forum and found some information:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

New MetaTrader 5 Platform Build 1755

MetaQuotes, 2018.01.18 11:08

We recommend anyone who has long been using 32-bit Wine for MetaTrader 5 due to the past incompatibility with the 64-bit terminal to upgrade Wine to the latest 64-bit version and re-install MetaTrader 5 in 64 bits.

Besides, make sure to set the Wine compatibility mode to at least Windows 7 instead of the default Windows XP. No more updates for Windows XP/2003/Vista will be released.

We are also halting the development of the 32-bit versions of the MetaTrader 5 terminals. The updates for 32-bit MetaTrader 5 are to be completely stopped soon.
..and it is about how to install: MetaTrader 5 HelpGetting StartedFor Advanced UsersInstallation on Linux
(because I remember one post where admins told to re-install MT5 on Linux because they changed something for example).
Trading Platform - MetaTrader 5 Help
  • www.metatrader5.com
The Trading Platform is the trader's working tool, providing all the necessary features for a successful online trading. It includes trading...

More -

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Impossible to download automatic equity manager for Mac and Linux

Sergey Golubev, 2022.06.01 10:23

MetaTrader on Linux - the article (Metatrader 5)

Installing the platform with one command

This article was completely revised about installing MetaTrader on Linux (Ubuntu and Debian). Now all we need is one command.

Reason: