alert in different profiles

Is it true that an alarm will only trigger when the particular profile is selected for viewing in Metatrader?
I have individual profiles setup for each currency , but it appears that an alarm only triggers when I have the particular profile selected for viewing.

if (........)
{
Alert("Buy",Symbol());
PaySound("alert.wav");
}
if (........)
{
Alert("Close",Symbol());
PlaySound("alert.wav");
}

if (........)
{
Alert("Buy",Symbol());
PaySound("alert.wav");
}
if (........)
{
Alert("Close",Symbol());
PlaySound("alert.wav");
}

Hi,

I am not sure what this code is supposed to signify.
I already have a working alert coded.
The problem is that the alert only goes off when I have the particular profile selected for viewing.

was just suggesting a way to distinguish between different experts on different charts of a currency pair in a profile.

was just suggesting a way to distinguish between different experts on different charts of a currency pair in a profile.

I see. The thing is that my alert is programmed into an indicator. It is not an expert.

same application. once you've initialized your indicator write an alert eg. ("EMA cross H1",symbol()) with an alarm then the alert will tell you on which pair there was an EMA cross on the 1 hour timeframe.

same application. once you've initialized your indicator write an alert eg. ("EMA cross H1",symbol()) with an alarm then the alert will tell you on which pair there was an EMA cross on the 1 hour timeframe.

The problem is that when you have seperate profiles(workspaces) running in Metatrader, an alert will only trigger when the particular profile is selected for viewing.
Reason: