Indicator does not work and charts say "waiting for update"

Dear all,

I have one or maybe two problems with my MT5 on Mac.

I am using an indicator that uses different MAs etc. in the background and signalizes Long/Short entry options with arrows. This is working but I often have the problem, that an arrow occurs but disappears immediately. What is especially strange: When I close MT5 and start it again, the arrow (as well as all past signals) appear. This is different between different markets.

Now I have seen that some charts got frozen. When I want to refresh them they say "waiting for update". Maybe this is also the reason for the problems with the indicator?

I hope anybody can help me with this.

Thanks,

Carsten

I do not know about indicator but I had similar case with "waiting for update" charts.
And I discovered that it happened when I am changing Metatrader from one trading account to an other one.

So, for now, before connect Metatrader to the other trading account - I am closing those charts which were related to the first trading account:
close the charts, switching Metatrader to the other trading account, and after that - open the charts once again.

Because the charts are related to the broker/trading account, and it should be the other charts with the other trading accounts.

Sergey Golubev #:

I do not know about indicator but I had similar case with "waiting for update" charts.
And I discovered that it happened when I am changing Metatrader from one trading account to an other one.

So, for now, before connect Metatrader to the other trading account - I am closing those charts which were related to the first trading account:
close the charts, switching Metatrader to the other trading account, and after that - open the charts once again.

Because the charts are related to the broker/trading account, and it should be the other charts with the other trading accounts.

Thanks for your fast reply. I am trading several trading accounts, so this can be a possible source for these problems. But it's very hard if you track e.g. 10 different charts and need to re-open them if you change the account. Do you have a faster work-around? Maybe saving charts as a profile and close/open the whole profile can work?

I think there is a performance problem also and this is causing the indicator's problems. Don't know if the indicator makes the charts running slowly or something like this. Do you know what I mean?

Never had the problem that some charts stop working before I used the indicator.

CarstenWolkowski #:

Thanks for your fast reply. I am trading several trading accounts, so this can be a possible source for these problems. But it's very hard if you track e.g. 10 different charts and need to re-open them if you change the account. Do you have a faster work-around? Maybe saving charts as a profile and close/open the whole profile can work?

I am using templates, and it helps in most of the cases (even if Eas are attached to the chart so the template is loaind them to be attached with required settings for example) - right mouse click on the chart - Templates - Save template

But please note the following:
the charts, the price on the charts, the symbols to trade (US stocks symbols for example), the name of the symbols and the time of the price on the charts - all those are related to the brokers only (one broker is providing some symbols, the other brookers - not).
So, sometimes - same chart/price/symbols from one broker/account are not accepted by other broker/account in case we are switching Metatrader between two trading accounts for example.

Reason: