Help- Strategy Tester Agent not utilizing all of the cores

Hi guys,

I want to set up a Local Network Farm for EA optimization.

I've downloaded and installed the Strategy Tester Agent on 2 machines-

1) AMD A10-7850K with 16GB of RAM, Windows 7 x64

2) AMD Ryzen 3 2200G with 16GB of RAM, Windows 10 x64

Both of the above CPUs have 4 cores,

However-

When running the Strategy Tester Agent on the Windows 7 machine, I can only set it to use 2 cores,

And when running it on the Windows 10 machine, I can utilize all of the 4 cores.

Any idea how can I utilize all of the 4 cores in the windows 7 machine as well?

AMI289: I want to set up a Local Network Farm for EA optimization. I've downloaded and installed the Strategy Tester Agent on 2 machines- 1) AMD A10-7850K with 16GB of RAM, Windows 7 x64. 2) AMD Ryzen 3 2200G with 16GB of RAM, Windows 10 x64. Both of the above CPUs have 4 cores, However-When running the Strategy Tester Agent on the Windows 7 machine, I can only set it to use 2 cores, And when running it on the Windows 10 machine, I can utilize all of the 4 cores. Any idea how can I utilize all of the 4 cores in the windows 7 machine as well?
Probably because their cores are single-threaded, unlike their Intel counterparts which are hyper-threaded.

The number of agents of a pc is limited to the physical number of kernels of its cpu!

Fernando Carreiro #:
Probably because their cores are single-threaded, unlike their Intel counterparts which are hyper-threaded.
Carl Schreiber #:
The number of agents of a pc is limited to the physical number of kernels of its cpu!

Hey guys,

Thanks for your quick replies.

Both of the above machines have 4 physical single-threaded cores.

Both are single-threaded,

However, on the Windows 10 machine I'm able to utilize all 4, while on the Windows 7 machine I am only able to utilize 2.

I mean, on the Windows 7 machine, it only show 2 agents in the Strategy Tester Agent.

Why is it matter that they are single-threaded?

Is there some sort of limitation because of it being single-threaded?

If so, why it only occurs on the Windows 7 machine, while the Windows 10 machine can use all physical cores?

Here: https://www.gamestar.de/hardware/amd-a10-7850k,765.html

I read: "Der 7850K besteht aus 12 von AMD sogenannten »Compute Units«, von denen vier (zwei Module, vier Threads) für die CPU und 8 für die integrierte Grafikeinheit verwendet werden."

Eng.: ~"The 7850K consists of 12 of AMD's so-called "compute units", four of which (two modules, four threads) are used for the CPU and 8 for the integrated graphics unit."

Due to the age of this cpu (2015) ....

Carl Schreiber #:

Here: https://www.gamestar.de/hardware/amd-a10-7850k,765.html

I read: "Der 7850K besteht aus 12 von AMD sogenannten »Compute Units«, von denen vier (zwei Module, vier Threads) für die CPU und 8 für die integrierte Grafikeinheit verwendet werden."

Eng.: ~"The 7850K consists of 12 of AMD's so-called "compute units", four of which (two modules, four threads) are used for the CPU and 8 for the integrated graphics unit."

Due to the age of this cpu (2015) ....

What does it mean two modules?

2 physical cores?

Both cpu-z and amd website (https://www.amd.com/en/products/apu/a10-7860k-radeon-r7-graphics-and-near-silent-thermal-solution) shows 4 cores.

Also- Windows task manager shows 4 CPU,

And since it is single-threaded, I assume this means 4 cores.

Reason: