seconds chart - page 2

@Mikhail Sobolev #: Hi. Tell me, please, are you 100% sure that the time stamps can't be in seconds? I believe, once I saw some tick or seconds chart that actually made bars to have seconds in their opening time and so you were able to use graphic objects on such chart. But I can't find it since then. Maybe it was just a dream...

Custom Symbols ignore the seconds in the bar open time-stamp, because it is meant to represent M1 OHLC data.

However, the seconds are still stored in the time-stamp and can be read internally, but they are not displayed in Data Window nor the chart.

Fernando Carreiro #:

the seconds are still stored in the time-stamp and can be read internally, but they are not displayed in Data Window nor the chart.

Please, elaborate. I don't know and so I don't understand much of what you are talking about. Maybe it's easier to give me a link to some documentation. 
What does it mean "read internally"? Does it mean that the seconds will not be displayed but they will make a difference between several bars with the same open time-stamp?
What I need is to be able to use graphic objects on a seconds chart or, actually, make them fixed to the bars where I've placed them.

Mikhail Sobolev #:

Please, elaborate. I don't know and so I don't understand much of what you are talking about. Maybe it's easier to give me a link to some documentation. 
What does it mean "read internally"? Does it mean that the seconds will not be displayed but they will make a difference between several bars with the same open time-stamp?
What I need is to be able to use graphic objects on a seconds chart or, actually, make them fixed to the bars where I've placed them.

Internally means available for data calculation via coding but not possible to represent by default as MT5 dont support 1s chart

For example, you can find any countdown candle timer on codebase, By default MT5 dont support 1s chart so how come the countdown is counting bar closing in seconds? Its the definition of "read internally"  as by default its impossible to make countdown possible but possible if "read internally"

Arpit T #:
By default MT5 dont support 1s chart so how come the countdown is counting bar closing in seconds?

I don't know, but I'm sure I saw it!
So, it is not possible to make graphic objects on seconds chart useful?

Thank you anyway. Happy New Year!

@Mikhail Sobolev #: I don't know, but I'm sure I saw it! So, it is not possible to make graphic objects on seconds chart useful? Thank you anyway. Happy New Year!

To make a seconds-chart using Custom Symbols, I see two approaches (there may be more):

1. You use valid open time-stamps with seconds. However, since you are unable to see the seconds in the Data Window or chart tool-tips, you have to create a special utility indicator that will display the internal time-stamp with the seconds as well.
  2. Another method is to shift or alter the time-stamp into the minutes field, so that minutes represents the seconds. This allows you to "see" the seconds in the Data Window (in the minutes), but the whole time-stamp looks completely strange and is not true time-stamps.
I personally prefer the first method, even if it requires an extra program to be able to display the internal value of the time-stamp.

Fernando Carreiro #:

To make a seconds-chart using Custom Symbols, I see two approaches (there may be more):

1. You use valid open time-stamps with seconds. However, since you are unable to see the seconds in the Data Window or chart tool-tips, you have to create a special utility indicator that will display the internal time-stamp with the seconds as well.
  2. Another method is to shift or alter the time-stamp into the minutes field, so that minutes represents the seconds. This allows you to "see" the seconds in the Data Window (in the minutes), but the whole time-stamp looks completely strange and is not true time-stamps.
I personally prefer the first method, even if it requires an extra program to be able to display the internal value of the time-stamp.

Thank you.

Reason: