Woodie CCI

Hi I need to draw 3 indicators (Metatrader 3) on the same window in different color and shape
CCI 6 in Red line
CCI 14 In Blue line
CCI 14 in Green histogram
Can any body tell me if it is possible to draw more than 2 in MLQ2 ?
I have the following program; can anybody suggest some modification (or anything else) to achieve the above?
Many thanks

Input : CCI_1_Period(14),
CCI_2_Period(6),
CCI_3_Period(14),;
Variable : shift(0);
Variable : VALUE1(0), VALUE2(0), VALUE3(0);
SetLoopCount(0);
// loop from first bar to current bar (with shift=0)
For shift = Bars-1 Downto 0 Begin

VALUE1 = iCCIEx(CCI_1_Period,PRICE_TYPICAL,shift);
VALUE2 = iCCIEx(CCI_2_Period,PRICE_TYPICAL,shift);
VALUE3 = iCCIEx(CCI_3_Period,PRICE_TYPICAL,shift);

SetIndexValue(shift, VALUE1);
SetIndexValue2(shift, VALUE2);
SetIndexValue2(shift, VALUE3);
End;

I would also be quite neat if one can draw 5 colored lines on the dislay indicating +-200, +-100 and 0 as well

It is not possible to draw more than 2 lines in MQL2, but in MQL4 it *is* possible.

You can download WoodiesCCI for MT4 here:
http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/MetaTrader_Experts_and_Indicators/files/MQ4%20Custom%20Indicators/

This indicator has the fast and slow CCI (14 and 6) with the histogram as you stated.

About the 5 colored lines, I believe I read that the MT4 developers are adding this feature in MQL4 soon. These lines are referred to as "levels".

-T

PS. Someone should work on an EA that recognizes Woodie's setups and formations and then alerts or places orders accordingly.

PPS. Sorry I couldn't make any suggestions to help you with MQL2.

Thanks for the reply. I have downloaded Metatrader 4 but I can not use to connect to my prefered data provider (windsor Direct).

you could write 2 indicators ... then you could even use 4 lines=)
but only if those indicators dont require a separate window...

shrak=)

I do need those indicators in a separate window than the price window i.e. have two windows on the screen:
1- The price
2- 1 histogram CCI and two line CCI
can it be done?
Is it posible to put several indicators onto the same window but not in the price window?
Your response is greatly appriciated.

no thats not possible....
another solution

your indicator consists of 3 lines... or histogram or whatever... those lines generate signals for you...
write ONE indicator which has all 3 arrays of values of the 3 lines and compare them and make a line out of those...

for example - if you would be using a simple moving average system
a buy signal is given when the fast MA is rising above the slow MA.... instead of drawing both lines you calculate a line which is always zero - except when the fMA is rising above the sMA - then you assign the value +1 to your indicator line, giving you the signal...
it's complicated, but the only way.... sry if i couldnt help you...

No, it is a visual system (Woodies CCI) i.e. it is a pattern (or shape) of those 3 lines (and others) that make me take a trade or not, and not a number (or mathematical manipulation of the lines) based on those 3 lines.

ok that's difficult then=(...
if you dont mind sending me the indicator (backshrak@gmx.de) i can have a look...
you can describe the patterns you want to react to...

even candlestick patterns can be put i mathematical formulas;)
woodies cci wont make an exception

Why is this being made so difficult?

all it is is cci 14 and cci 6 ( well actually its a modified cci6 but cci 6 will do)

the histogram is just a histogram of cci14..

all your doing is placing three cci indicators into the same window. you don't even need the histogram, it just helps to visualise how many bars have gone by if you use the Histogram.

MT4 allows you to place multpile indicators on the same window instead of seperate windows.

Just add cci14 to the chart and then drag another cci indicator on to the previous cci window you just added and set it to cci6..

just remember to to lock the min and max limits otherwise the scales do't match.

better still go to the metradergroup on yahoo someone has already code all into one indicator.

darkstonexa,

You're missing the point.

Coding the indicator is not the "problem". The problem lays in writing an expert advisor that recognizes woodie's cci patterns.

Read posts more carefully.

Here is more info:
http://woodiescciclub.com/Trading-Woodies-CCI-System.pdf

-T
Reason: