Minimum project price decreased to 20 ?(freelance)

Why minimum project price is decreased. Thats ridiculous. Normally it have to be increased. Because Since few years it been at lowest of 30. I think it have to be atleast 60 currently. If you are dev here please support with your comment. 

Why is it bad ?

Lorentzos Roussos #:

Why is it bad ?

Because clients will take the lowest bid as a reference to value their project budgets. An average ea will take 1hour based on experience and it will kill the market.  you are also spending time to talk with client and understand their requirements so on. 9$ per hour as software developer is very low when deducted commission.. Cardpay is buggy, you have taxes and webmoney cuts another %20 over transfer. So you want to code for 5$ per hour? Thats ridicilous. We will have harder time to convince for proper payment on tasks. Enflation rate is spiking. I'm not sure if they decided this to increase competition over other freelancing websites but lowering minimum is bad idea. It needs an increae prior new year. I'm very suprised

Even 30 usd is not reasonable. 

Weird that freelancers have shown 0 support here. Aight then.

Ferhat Mutlu #:
Weird that freelancers have shown 0 support here. Aight then.

Not weird at all.

Those of us who have been around a while know that Metaquotes doesn't care about our opinions and will do what they want to do.
It is rare that any admin will read the forum.

Keith Watford #:

Not weird at all.

Those of us who have been around a while know that Metaquotes doesn't care about our opinions and will do what they want to do.
It is rare that any admin will read the forum.

They do actually read. Rise to the Minimum job cost isnt a bad idea. It may take some effort for it. But they definitely see it.

Ferhat Mutlu #:
Because clients will take the lowest bid as a reference to value their project budgets. An average ea will take 1hour based on experience and it will kill the market.  you are also spending time to talk with client and understand their requirements so on. 9$ per hour as software developer is very low when deducted commission.. Cardpay is buggy, you have taxes and webmoney cuts another %20 over transfer. So you want to code for 5$ per hour? Thats ridicilous. We will have harder time to convince for proper payment on tasks. Enflation rate is spiking. I'm not sure if they decided this to increase competition over other freelancing websites but lowering minimum is bad idea. It needs an increae prior new year. I'm very suprised

Price is determined by Supply and Demand. If there is a guy who delivers a task with lower price and same quality they win. I do not think this affects the market as you think. The only thing is you should stay away from client who misuse you. There are always clients out there who respect your time and profession. 

there are basic, copy paste ea/indicator or simply.consulting tasks that are worth 20$ for some devs.
This allows customers to get quick, cheap solution/help.

Nobody forces anybody to bid for low-priced tasks.
Too cheap for you, simply ignore it.

Ridicilous answers. There is always someone can outbid you. Its not the copy paste but the knowladge worth money. Its the dev knows where to copy and what to paste. My key point is , if the baseline is low it kills the market. Because usually clients are not aware about the complexities. However with current world situation 60$ for the least effort jobs have to be. Including copy paste ones. Someone can copy paste for free. Its not changing the fact. 

I got numerous clients trying to fix previously done job because of the terrible quality. 

I don't understand opposing views while im saying you should not move your finger or even read the code for less than 60.  

So many volunteers for working 5$ per hour deducting comissions. Keep doing that. %80 of the jobs wont be copy paste and due to low limit clients are not agreed on higher prices without deep explanations. Through other freelancing websites mql still the cheapest. 

Ferhat Mutlu #: Ridicilous answers. There is always someone can outbid you. Its not the copy paste but the knowladge worth money. Its the dev knows where to copy and what to paste. My key point is , if the baseline is low it kills the market. Because usually clients are not aware about the complexities. However with current world situation 60$ for the least effort jobs have to be. Including copy paste ones. Someone can copy paste for free. Its not changing the fact. I got numerous clients trying to fix previously done job because of the terrible quality. I don't understand opposing views while im saying you should not move your finger or even read the code for less than 60. So many volunteers for working 5$ per hour deducting comissions. Keep doing that. %80 of the jobs wont be copy paste and due to low limit clients are not agreed on higher prices without deep explanations. Through other freelancing websites mql still the cheapest. 

The previous answers above are not ridiculous. It is a fact of life. It is how the world works, whether you like it or not.

As a developer, you decide and set your price and your conditions. If the customer accepts it, then you have yourself a good customer. If not, then move on because you would only end up having trouble with them anyway.

So, define your standards and stick to them, even if only 5% of the customers accept them and understand your value. That is how you slowly build up your client base with mutual trust and loyalty.

Reason: