5 Activation per EA

Dear team,

I have purchased one EA from MQL5 market with 5 activation and I used all of them on different accounts, last week my laptop crashed and lost all data, and bought new laptop, I installed back my 5 accounts (same accounts that I had previously) but upon trying to install the EA, the message comes that I used all The activation and need to purchase

but its for the same accounts, why should I buy it again

Please advice the rule regarding this

Activation is per hardware + software.
It means - if you changed something in your computer, or if you bought new computer, or if you updated something, or if you moved "the accounts to a vps" - activation is used.
The activation is used in case of Windows key updated too.
If some VPS was upgraded/updated by VPS provider by any hardware or software so one more activation will be used.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Sergey Golubev, 2022.02.17 15:47

Activation can be used in the following reasons:

• hardware updates (your VPS provider changed something on the server where your VPS is located);
  • key updates of Windows/software;
  • using different authorization method (authorization by a regular user, authorization by the administrator, authorization via remote access even if one of the above two accounts is selected).

It is automaticaly discovered by the Market system, and it can not be mistaken.

Sergey Golubev #:

Activation is per hardware + software.
It means - if you changed something in your computer, or if you bought new computer, or if you updated something, or if you moved "the accounts to a vps" - activation is used.
The activation is used in case of Windows key updated too.
If some VPS was upgraded/updated by VPS provider by any hardware or software so one more activation will be used.

Dear Sergey, I have explained my situation, my laptop crashed, nothing I can help with, lost lots of data and hard wor and had to pay for new laptop, please don't tell me I have to purchase the EA again, it's not fair, I am using the same accounts and all under my name and account number 

Sheereen 

Hi,

I am not an official, but the answer is quite simple, and I guess disappointing for you.

The license of the product you purchased is for 5 activations, not 5 accounts.

So simply put, you can only activate it 5 times. whether 5 times on same account or on 5 different accounts.

The 5 activations scheme is usually intended for one account just for the case you described, where you had to reinstall your pc or software and redownload.

In your case backing up your system would have saved you from the expense of buying more activations.

Try contacting the author of the EA and tell your problem. He/she might help you especially with your activation problem. I recommend you only install in on your vps and make sure it is a good one

Elia Burstein #:

Hi,

I am not an official, but the answer is quite simple, and I guess disappointing for you.

The license of the product you purchased is for 5 activations, not 5 accounts.

So simply put, you can only activate it 5 times. whether 5 times on same account or on 5 different accounts.

The 5 activations scheme is usually intended for one account just for the case you described, where you had to reinstall your pc or software and redownload.

In your case backing up your system would have saved you from the expense of buying more activations.

This is not accurate, an EA that is installed on the same computer on 5 different accounts and/or terminals, requires only 1 activation.

The 5 activations of the above EA were either used on 5 installations on 5 different computers or VPSs, or the user upgraded the hardware or windows operating system 5 times and consumed all of them.

Just wondering if one maintains full system backup, and manages to restore after system crash, will all installed activation in that system remain valid ?

What if one has to __replace hard drive__ before restoring full backup, will all installed activation remain valid too ?

Soewono Effendi #: Just wondering if one maintains full system backup, and manages to restore after system crash, will all installed activation in that system remain valid? What if one has to __replace hard drive__ before restoring full backup, will all installed activation remain valid too ?

A full system restore, usually means that a major change occurred (new hardware, reinstallation of operating system, etc.), so it will most likely NOT restore the activation license.

Only a file level backup restoration (no changes to hardware nor operating system) would maintain activation license.

ADELYN CASTILLO #:

Try contacting the author of the EA and tell your problem. He/she might help you especially with your activation problem. I recommend you only install in on your vps and make sure it is a good one

If the vendor increases activations it won't apply to existing buyers i think .

MQ could place an optional alternative purchase method where the tool is tied to a user account (on mql5) , no activations limit , but the terminal must be connected (to the mq account).

So if a vendor wants they can offer this type of purchase . Buyers will take more care of their profile on here and interactions between users will increase (since messages will "ding" in their platform which is now logged in all the time) .  

Reason: